Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Not able to access GSM mobile with AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

indranil

im working on a project.. interfacing uC with a gsm mobile as a home appliance controller..at commands being the basic accesing commands..im currently working with a nokia 2100..i bought a connecting wire which goes in the slot under the battery of 2100(even a 3315 has slot under the battery which you must have observed) and the other end being a db9 connector going to the com port of the computer for testing purpose which can later be interfaced to a uC..RS232 MAX 232 driver nd stuff..i hav been trying to access the mobile by sending at commands thru the hyper terminal program in windows with no success..not sure why..the baud was set to 19200,data bits 8, parity none, stop bits 1, flow control hardware or none. these were standard values which i found on the net.
Is there a fault with the connecting wire? Is it possible to access the nokia 2100 using at commands at all? u need extra drivers/driving devices to access the cell other than the wire?

First of all, do not connect the phone to RS232 interface without a level converter. As you mentioned, MAX232 can be used. Then, the AT commands are recognized only if the phone has a modem included and you install the proper driver. I faced a lot of problems by using a Sony-J5 but finally worked fine. I didnt't install the driver provided by Sony but a common modem driver. You must set the same parameters for the both devices (computer and phone) in order to get the phone connected.

Sony Ericsson

Hi,
You need to have a Nokia phone with a modem built-in . I 'm not sure if your phone has that feature. Alternatively , try using a Sony - ericsson , There are pins at the bottom which are easily identifiable as Rx and Tx , You could just connect these to a level shifter and then to a PC . Contact me at ajay.kumar.d@gmail.com for more information . I've sucessfully completed such a project

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back