Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NOOB - P16PRO40 Programmer help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, have checked for bulging/leaky caps and dry solder joints etc.. Also checked diodes and resistors to check they are within tolerance.

I do have a capacitance tester but of course only works out of circuit and only checks capacitance and not esr. I did build a cheap esr meter but not convinced the results are conclusive.

So, P16PRO40 connected up and powered (3 led's lit) then run WinPicProg (default settings), the 2 red led's extinguish with the green remaining, close the WinPicProg and the 2 led's light back up along with the green.
So, things are looking good, so far!

Last edited:
Will an oscilloscope be of use to test caps live in-circuit? Would I be checking for a.c or high d.c volts?

You're checking (with a scope) for excessive AC ripple on the power rails, and for incorrect voltages.

The only way to test passively is with an ESR meter (a capacitance meter is useless), but a scope can test actively with the set powered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back