Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noob in the house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3lud3d

ok i have GCBASIC and i have no clue what to do or where to start. unfortunately i can't find any projects on the web that i can backwards work to my neeeds..

i dont care which PIC i use altho due to space the 8 pin would be best.

before i start we all know that (1 = on) and (0 =off):

i want the PIC to take my input of (1) on say PIN1 and then output (1, 0) on PIN2 at a rate of around 20 a second until PIN1 returns to (0).. if this is a small task please could someone reply with the answer, or if it is a bit more length please could i get pointed in the right direction.

maybe there is something simpler i could use to acheive this, a different chip possibly? any help would be apreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

a trigger happy gamer.

ok i have GCBASIC and i have no clue what to do or where to start. unfortunately i can't find any projects on the web that i can backwards work to my neeeds..

i dont care which PIC i use altho due to space the 8 pin would be best.

before i start we all know that (1 = on) and (0 =off):

i want the PIC to take my input of (1) on say PIN1 and then output (1, 0) on PIN2 at a rate of around 20 a second until PIN1 returns to (0).. if this is a small task please could someone reply with the answer, or if it is a bit more length please could i get pointed in the right direction.

maybe there is something simpler i could use to acheive this, a different chip possibly? any help would be apreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

a trigger happy gamer.

hi, :)

IIUC your timing could be done with a 555 timer , connected as an astable.

Look here:
https://www.unitechelectronics.com/NE-555.htm

Last edited:
A LM555 chip and use the power pin as your input "PIN1" would be easier?

Are you looking to make this circuit or learn the pic chips?

There is a MikroBASIC that works well and the demo will generate 200 bytes of code.

im just looking to make the circuit really... i wanted to use a pic due to space available.. but i cant find access to the hardware to upload the code.. maybe a 555 would be best..

Do you think that this would do the job.. if its all connected correctly it has a 54% duty cycle at like 0.042 sec & 0.035 sec:

**broken link removed**

im just looking to make the circuit really... i wanted to use a pic due to space available.. but i cant find access to the hardware to upload the code.. maybe a 555 would be best..

Not sure what you mean far as space, it will take about the same space chip wise.

Google for 555 timer and you will find a ton of tutorials on the chip.

Pics are fun, so you might want to build a programmer, but for what you wanted to do the 555 would do the job just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back