Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-linear resistive device

Status
Not open for further replies.

lecto

Which one of the following is a non-linear resistive device?
A. Panel mounting resistor
B. Light dependent resistor
C. Present resistor
D. Fixed resistor.

Linear with respect to what?

What is a panel mounting resistor? A high wattage fixed resistor or a variable resistor with a mounting bush for panel mounting?

What is a "present resistor", one which is here and has not gone away yet, or do you mean a preset resistor?

You need to define things a bit better before you get any meaningfull answers.

JimB

Last edited:
Best answer B. It's usually a Cad Sulfide Cell. R non linear with light intensity

panel Mounting resistor: Audio taper Potentiometer. Non linear with respect to rotation. But, it's probably a fixed chassis mount resistor. Panel Mounting resistors don''t really exist.

Trouble is KISS the panel mount resistor could easily be a logarithmic pot!! BUT an LDR is non linear always. (I hate these badly asked questions, I never got these kind of questions when I was at college)

I NEVER got multiple guess questions like that at all in Electronics. Now, Philosophy: Teach made every answer FALSE on one of the exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back