Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non Inverting Operational Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuniverse

Derive an expression for the gain Vout/Vin. Express your answer in the form of A+jB.

I know that If C is the capacitor in series with R1, gain = 1 + R2/[R1 + 1/(jwC)]. It says to express it in the form of A (real)+ jB (imaginary), but I'm not sure how to make the conversion from my solution of gain to the form of A+jB.
Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• op amp.jpg
    op amp.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 297
Putting that on Wolfram Alpha we get:
(K R)/(1/(C^2 w^2)+K^2)+1+(i R)/(C w (1/(C^2 w^2)+K^2))

Where K = R1 and R=R2

(K R)/(1/(C^2 w^2)+K^2)+1 = A
(R)/(C w (1/(C^2 w^2)+K^2)) = B

The other way is to do it with algebra.

Last edited:
Derive an expression for the gain Vout/Vin. Express your answer in the form of A+jB.

I know that If C is the capacitor in series with R1, gain = 1 + R2/[R1 + 1/(jwC)]. It says to express it in the form of A (real)+ jB (imaginary), but I'm not sure how to make the conversion from my solution of gain to the form of A+jB.
Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

When you have it in a form that includes a complex quantity (which is just about every case) you take the absolute value, also known as "norm".
This is calculated as follows:
abs(a+b*j)=sqrt(a^2+b^2)
This gives the magnitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back