Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia 5110 HW in Oshonsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

camerart

Hi,
I have Nokia 5110 screens working with software in Oshonsoft, but I want them to work in Hardware.

Here is a program that posted by 'Ian rogers' back in 2017: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/lcd-spi-projects.152107/post-1309652
which works, but not with a Font I have as an INCLUDE.

I have a HW program, which I haven't got working yet. I think it could be SPICSON/OFF in HW.
Here is an example:
'===========================================
'Initialize BMP280
init_BMP280:
'Compensation parameters
SPICSOn
For i = 0 To 23
altmtr_cs = 0 'CHIP SELECT BMP280 ON
adr = 0x88 + i
SPISend adr
SPIReceive data
b(i) = data
altmtr_cs = 1 'CHIP SELECT BMP280 OFF
Next i
SPICSOff
'=======================================
What does SPICON and OFF actually do, and how can I write it in HW, please?

Cheers, Camerart

You are very welcome.... Even though you don't see me, I'm watching.. This project has taken a while, and even on AAC I see what help you are getting
Hi I,
Good! There's been a lot of help, that I had no idea about when I started. which has made getting this far possible.
I'm looking forward to the first simple up/down flight, which I'll post as a video.
Cheers, C

Hi I,
Got the screen to show this:

Does a TFT screen work in a similar way?
C

Attachments

• DEGS.jpg
    DEGS.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 207
Hi C.. I've been down south for the first bit of the week, and didn't take a laptop..

Nigel is right in a way.. But driving a colour screen requires colour data.. so when you write a bitmap in ones and zero''s on a mono screen, but you must send one, two or three bytes of colour information for one pixel..

Most screens use and two bytes in 565 Green is less sensitive than blue /red, so the last bit goes to that colour... However Most programmers use a transparency 5 red , 5 green, 5 blue and the last bit signifies the transparency colour .. Sorry Tooo much information.

They are written exactly the same way.. The big difference is the speed... A mono can write 8 pixels each time whereas a colour needs RBG for every pixel so a bit less speedy..

Also.. TFT is the mechanism... TFT's can be mono as well... The screen driver ie.. SED1565 etc.. has the criteria so to speak...

I have done an LED screen in one of my tutorials using pic as a line driver and several shift registers as the column drivers.. ( Actually all connected to the pic ), but its a simple way to see how it all works.

Hi C.. I've been down south for the first bit of the week, and didn't take a laptop..

Nigel is right in a way.. But driving a colour screen requires colour data.. so when you write a bitmap in ones and zero''s on a mono screen, but you must send one, two or three bytes of colour information for one pixel..

Most screens use and two bytes in 565 Green is less sensitive than blue /red, so the last bit goes to that colour... However Most programmers use a transparency 5 red , 5 green, 5 blue and the last bit signifies the transparency colour .. Sorry Tooo much information.

They are written exactly the same way.. The big difference is the speed... A mono can write 8 pixels each time whereas a colour needs RBG for every pixel so a bit less speedy..
Hi R,
If you were in Dorset, we could have met up, if that suited. Maybe next time?

I'm tentatively looking at TFT screens, as I'm sure it will take me a long time to actually be able to use them, as I'm up to my neck in the 'project' and will be for a while.

I'll have a look at you and N's tutorials.
Cheers, C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back