Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

noise and distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Hi
Can anyone tell me where I can find some infomation on the net, which will answer the question Explane the difference between noise and distortion.

Thanks

ad said:
Hi
Can anyone tell me where I can find some infomation on the net, which will answer the question Explane the difference between noise and distortion.

Thanks

The difference is pretty simple, noise is an extra signal not related to the original one, distortion is a change in the original signal.

For example:

Noise - you are trying to talk to your mother, your little sister is shouting in the background - that's noise.

Distortion - you are still trying to talk to your mother, your little sister puts her hand over your mouth, although you can still talk it's very hard to understand - that's distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back