Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No more Free as an EAGLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpanhalt

Most Helpful Member
Yesterday, I received and advertisement from Neward element14.
Award-winning EAGLE Easy-to-use PCB software that's easy on your budget.

I currently have the educational/non-commercial use paid standard license. So, I looked to see what the new version will cost and noticed only three options: 1) 60-day limited; 2) Standard ($747 for all three modules); and Professional ($1494 for all three modules).

An educational/non-profit is not listed. I have not contacted element14 to ask. Significantly, the current free version is no longer listed. That is no particular surprise, but for those contemplating EAGLE who have not downloaded it yet, it might be a word to the wise.

John

Last edited:
I think/hope you are wrong.

If I have it right the 60 trial is for the Element 14 version with more features then the 'free; version.

shows version 5.11 which I think is what you will want.

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong too. I have the 5.11 version and made sure my license and code still worked. I assumed element14 was referring to the expected 6.xx version. When that comes out, 5.11 may not be available from their site.

Frankly, I don't blame element14/Newark/Farnell for trying to make Eagle a financially viable enterprise. I have been using it now for over 10 years. It has certainly helped a lot of hobbyists. A 60-day trial is just not adequate in my mind.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back