Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No more boxes! Organized PIC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

Well today I took on the massive endeavour of organizing my huge collection of PIC's. They are mostly 18F series chips:
18F1320
18F1330
18F2525
18F2550
18F452
18F4620
16F877A
16F877 ICD2 for the inchwom (I programmed a 877A for mine)
And some digital pots.

I have a total of about 50+ PIC's total, not to mention the ones I sent to 3v0 (all 16F's).

I was getting tired of looking through boxes and boxes to find a mcu, so I finally organized them into a single container.

Pictures and more details later, I am tired :p

I have a total of about 50+ PIC's total, not to mention the ones I sent to 3v0 (all 16F's).

I was getting tired of looking through boxes and boxes to find a mcu, so I finally organized them into a single container.
A couple weeks ago I took a couple evenings and built a spreadsheet and typed in every chip and sensor I have, with how many, package type, manufacturer and such. And, while I was typing, I organized them properly so I could actually find them later.

I was just so sick of digging through them all trying to find that one chip I thought I remembered buying, but actually hadn't. Or digging and finding cool things I had no idea I even owned. Now I can look it up first and see whether it's worth digging through the IC drawer. :D

Last edited:
Junebugs are great. I have 2 of em, fun little guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back