Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No-load current of power transformer influence on sc3 calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabig

Sorry, I know that I am on electronics forum but anyway

Does anybony know how does no-load current of power transformer influences on short circuit calculations?

Thanks, zabig

As I recall, transformers are made with short circuit characteristics in mind. The no-load current (I presume you mean primary current when there is no load on the secondary) may provide some insight into the transformer characteristics.

The influence will be very small in a normal transformer. One way to represent a transformer is shown below. L1 and L2 are small and L3 is large, so the short circuit current will be very much larger than the no load current.

Attachments

• transformer_model.jpg
    transformer_model.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 284
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back