Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No Indication of Save After Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roff

I have been having a problem lately that I think is fairly new. After editing a post and saving it, there is no indication that the save was actually done. The edit window just sits there until I exit out of it. IIRC, it used to return to the thread.

I have been getting that alot but not every time too. I thought I was just doing something wrong when I fixed a post error.

I have also had several double posts and even one triple post after only submiting once.

And I have also had a number of them not post after submitting them too.
It says they went through but when I go out of that thread and then come back a few seconds later they are not there.

I can see that if I did a random comment way off topic ot totaly unapropriate it could have been deleted but when a usefull sugestion disapears or does not actualy get put in a thead it makes me wonder what went on. I know the moderators watch what they can, but to catch something I wrote and then delete it within a few seconds of my posting it seems unlikely.

anyone else see or have this glitch on occasion?

ElectroMaster has been doing a lot of work with the vBulletin setup recently, and I would suspect that this is one of the growing pains. One of the occupational hazards of testing things on a live server instead of a development server (not casting aspersions here; sometimes, it's unavoidable).

I'd say give it a day or two and see if the problem remains. um...how long has this been happening for you? It would seem that gremlins have been popping up on the site for about a week, although I haven't really run into any of them (yet).

Regards,

Torben

[Edit: This edit is just to check how editing works for me.]

Last edited:
I get the same problem, most times, when trying to save an EDIT, it just waits.....
I can get round it by going ADVANCED and then SAVE

I just edited my previous post and had no trouble. I'll try it on some other posts and see what happens. Of course if the problem is only intermittent then one test means nothing.

This is on Firefox 3.0.8 on Linux. I haven't tried on Windows yet.

Torben

I just edited my previous post and had no trouble. I'll try it on some other posts and see what happens. Of course if the problem is only intermittent then one test means nothing.

This is on Firefox 3.0.8 on Linux. I haven't tried on Windows yet.

Torben

Morning Torben,:)

Im running Firefox [auto updated yesterday] with Win XP Pro.

ElectroMaster is aware of the problem.

If yours acts up, try going Advanced then Save.

If I get that 'garbage' error, and refresh (resend the posted data as well) it goes to the post, if I try to edit it from there it doesn't work. This seems to happen most frequently when I'm in the editor for a lengthy period of time on a post, also. I'm not sure what's triggering it, usually it's when I'm highlighting text for deletion but I'll occasionally lose the cursor in the edit window. Every time the garbage error occurs it's a little different, it's like the beginning of the transfer was interupted locally (on the server). Almost like there was some new software installed that's causing some kind of interupt activity that's making the post routine hiccup.

Based on the mostly random nature of the error I'd say it's some sort of interrupt conflict, like different software using a shared global variable under certain circumstances.

Last edited:
I use firefox and the error I get is IE 7 has timed out. And if I go to
If yours acts up, try going Advanced then Save.
It said you have to wait 30sec. to post. I think it firefox and windows xp. Seeing i am using firefox why would it say IE7 has timed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back