Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nigel Goodwin Tutorial 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number17

Hi

Ive been looking at Ir communication from tutorial 5. Ive used the code to make a transmitter and a receiver with 8 LED's. TX seems to work fine. I cant test it cuase I dont have a Sony Tv ( I looked at the ir Led through my phone camera, and it was on ). When I programmed the Rx pic, it doesnt seem to respond. All the leds stay on, no matter what I do.

On TX: Switches 1-4 on porta bits 4-7
IR LED porb bit 1
I also changed the volume up, down etc.. to numbers 1-4

On RX: IR module is on porta bit 1
LED's is on portb

Thanks

I only changed 1 part in TX

Code:
Switch1		movlw	But1
		call	Xmit_RS232
		retlw	0x00

Switch2		movlw	But2
		call	Xmit_RS232
		retlw	0x00

Switch3		movlw	But3
		call	Xmit_RS232
		retlw	0x00

Switch4		movlw	But4
		call	Xmit_RS232
		retlw	0x00

From what I understand, tutorial 5.3 read the numbers 1-9, and TX was originally transmitting vol up/down and prg up/down. So I changed it to transmit numbers 1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back