Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

newbie-mcnoob needs a datasheet pretty please xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liberation

Hello! I'm trying to add an aux-in on my really crummy car stereo (2001 Sunfire flat standard). It doesn't have CD or a tape deck so I'm trying to do this on the cheap. Just so you don't think I'm a total quack here's proof of concept... **broken link removed**
I found the IC but can't seem to find the DataSheet, it's all dead ends but they are in plenty of the online catalogs. The printing on it is VERY small so I don't have a picture but it reads "PHILIPS" in the top-left then 3 rows of numbers. 1st row is : 16246476 ... 2nd row is : 26900111 ... 3rd row is : 0P0010601 ... Now I was only able to find it by the first number (16246476) and the online catalogs do label it as a Philips.
All I need is the datasheet and I can't seem to find it. Any help would be so so awesome!

What is the make and model of the Stereo?
Maybe I have the schematics.

2001 Pontiac Sunfire stock radio, no tape deck or CD player... Radio only.
I did look up the manual for the radio and thought about just wiring up the jack straight to the speaker inputs, but that does not allow for the volume and audio options (bass treble balance etc.) because it wouldn't go through the stereo at all that way.

Last edited:
Basic car radio's aren't exactly expensive, why not just buy one that supports an aux in jack? Should be 75-100 dollars tops. If you wanna be super cheap what you need to do is trace the circuit from the speakers BACK and find the audio amplifier, you really needed an oscope to find the input the power amp which will be coming from the pre-amp from the receiver section. That's your best place to tap things.

I thought about tracing it too, I will have to give that a try I guess. Well thanks to the sorry state everything is in I haven't had a job in over a year so, $75 - $100 is a fortune right now. Still, if anyone can find the datasheet that would be great.

I need the numbers printed on the Delco radio back model number.

I would find the Audio IC and pick off the Audio going to the IC input pin and run my RCA jacks from there.

2001 Pontiac Sunfire Car Radio Stereo Audio Wiring Diagram

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: The radio harness does not provide a switched power source. Run a wire to the fusebox for switched power.
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Pink

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

Last edited: