Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie in over his head

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSchneid

I'm an electronics newbie, about to undertake a project, in which I know what I want the final outcome to be, but I don't know how to get there. It is based upon a product I have used in the past, but can be made better.

It is a reel with a magnetic switch, that when turned, operates a buzzer and a small LED light. I would like to either modify the current product, or make my own. Buzzer Reel

I would like to have a reel with a magnetic switch, that when turned, sends out some sort of an alert to a scanner. Perhaps a radio frequency? It probably only needs to cover about 100' or so. This may include some sort of an antenna and a receiver. I would like to have 4 or maybe up to 6 of these systems, each operating on a separate frequency to identify which sensor has been tripped.

Any ideas?

I had made a circuit similar to this, not for fishing though, what I had used was an old stepper motor connected to a schmitt buffer connected to a monostable 555 timing circuit. When the stepper stepped, it generated a pulse, which was buffered by the schmitt and triggered the timing circuit which lit up an LED.

It could've been modified to go through a counter first, then after x number of pulses it would trigger the timer.

You could also use a comparator instead of schmitt buffer to give better control over the triggering threshold.

as for the RF part, instead of a LED, you could send a pulse over one of those cheap RF transmitter/receiver pairs (like from Robotshop.ca, or Sparkfun.com)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back