Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie HELP Strange happenings 16f877

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynny

:oops:
Hello

I am programming a 16f877 with PicBasic at the moment programming size is just over 4500 words, I use Bonny Gijzen Pic Prog.. and the JDM programmer all seems to work OK .

As I write the prog I keep testing what I have written erasing the PIC and reprogramming. But something strange appears to be happening.

I can erase/re-program perhaps 10/15 times all OK then for no reason everthing seems OK the PIC programs and verifies OK but does NOT WORK (Just as though it has not programmed) try a different PIC 16f877 works OK Let the first PIC rest ......back on its foil next day works OK.

Question can the PIC be stopped from doing this.

Thanks

Lynny

Seems there is some problem with your programmer. Have you checked the programming voltage. Something of this sort happend with me long back while experimenting with my EPROM programmer. Whenever I tried to program the EPROM, something went wrong and it showed checksum error and failed in blank check. The very next day the same EPROM passes blank check! The problem was improper programming voltage. I had not calibrated the programmer properly.

Programming and programming technique are very critical. Once I read about an Candain Traffic Signal manufacturing company who lost order worth millions of dollars just because of using cheap EPROM programmer. The signals use to fail in freezing conditions and comapny could not find the exact cause of failure in time and lost the order. Later they found out but was too late for them. The page also listed the cause i.e. what happens EPROM cells with variation in temperature.

Luckily I found the same page again on google. Read it for more info.
**broken link removed**

kinjalgp Thanks

Thanks
The programming software says that everthing is OK and it still will not operate running PIC in test

If I use another PIC it programs OK and works OK

Which programmer would you recommend

Lynny

PICSATART PLUS is a good programmer. Also there are some others on the net.

i am a fan of the WARP13 programmer its a complete replacement for the PICSTART PLUS, and half the price, its good because any program that can use the PICSTART PLUS it works with...

Anyone know any cheap ICEs for the PIC16F87x range? because i am after one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back