Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newb Transistor Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Hi I am a newb into using transistor's i can build them from schematic's but i dont get how they work in the circuit. Can Some Body Please Draw The Simplest Schematic Using a NPN Transistor, a couple resistors, and a L.E.D And Explain How It Works in the circuit Like Were The Connection's go to it And Why

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!!!

The bipolar transistor is a current operated device, the current input to the base is multiplied by the current gain (Hfe). The input current flows from base to emitter and the output current flows from collector to emitter. The base-emitter is a diode. The base voltage increases exponentially with current, reaching a limit at about 0.6 volts for silicon transistors and diodes. For most calculations, you can use 0.5 volts as the base voltage.

The transistor has maximum power and voltage specifications. If you exceed the Vce(max), the transistor will avalanch (become a short circuit) and draw as much current as the circuit resistance will allow. If you exceed the power rating, it will get hot and eventually short out. The power is calculated from: P=Vce*Ic.

Attachments

• TRANSISTOR_CKT.jpg
    TRANSISTOR_CKT.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 357
Thank You!!! :)

But Can You Explain What Vcc, vbe, vce Mean :shock: :(

Also A couple Of tutorials I read Talk About Forward And Reversed Bias What Does That Mean?

Your Help Is Greaty Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back