Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New wierd forum problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

As of today, when I edit a post and click save, I am stuck at my edited post, as in it does not appear as though I saved. I have to manually exit, and the post is saved.

As of today, when I edit a post and click save, I am stuck at my edited post, as in it does not appear as though I saved. I have to manually exit, and the post is saved.

If you select 'go advanced' and Save, does that work as normal, this is what I have to do.:)

If you select 'go advanced' and Save, does that work as normal, this is what I have to do.:)

That may be a work around. Point is, that I have clicked save and exited for a long time now. Suddenly it no longer works. I am able to adapt and make keystroke changes if need be, just thought I would point out something has changed. Since the forum has new code, I suspect EM wants input.

Thanks for the tip though :)

Last edited:
That may be a work around. Point is, that I have clicked save and exited for a long time now. Suddenly it no longer works. I am able to adapt and make keystroke changes if need be, just thought I would point out something has changed. Since the forum has new code, I suspect EM wants input.

Thanks for the tip though :)

I did pass on this problem to EM about two weeks ago, he is trying to find the problem.

I never experienced this problem until the last 24 hours.

Mike.
edit, just testing. Yes, still the same.

Edit2, testing if fixed? Yes, seems to be fixed.

Last edited:
Him. I do apologize for all the problems of recent days.

This is a hard bug to resolve unfortunately and is only affecting a small portion of people (once again). I'm trying to resolve it though and will try to update you when I figure it out or get any further info.\\\

Last edited:
Same observation from me . But i fear this has been happening in many other sites even.
ps: It is loaded with some delay. This is the edited version for a change and test

ps2. : Same delay of say 20 sec, with a 512Kbps ADSL line, but it loads.

Last edited:
Just found the actaul error:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB5; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)
Timestamp: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:52:09 UTC

Line: 11
Char: 7887
Code: 0
URI:

Line: 11
Char: 7887
Code: 0
URI:

Am working on a fix now.

Last edited:
Okay just upgrade some of the seo url rewrites which has been known to do this. Test away ppl. I believe its now fixed!

Yes,
It works for me...:)

EDIT:
and again.!

Last edited:
Okay just upgrade some of the seo url rewrites which has been known to do this. Test away ppl. I believe its now fixed!
But E M , how to understand the delay while loading. this was not so earlier. it used get loaded much faster.

I had the work around right away cause I'm always messing up. i should of read this before I just spent time doing the work around several times too !

I'll have to try it later.

kv

Edit: Nah, I'll do it now.

Edit: Edit: It works.

Last edited:
Can you please be more specific? What is loading slow for you?
Yes
Once i type a reply, and at the end of reply, i click "submit reply"
it takes almost 20 sec for the uploading reply as i find from India. but don't feel my connection or the Indian network is slow. because, as i check the response of dsl speed onan international site, it is fast enough at above 1Mbps as download and godd as 350 to 450 Kbps upload. the connection is dynamic ane with a speed of "upto 2Mbps".

but this delay was never there and the reloaded screen used to return much faster
the delay appears 4 to 5 fold compared to last month.
Hope my explanation could sound some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back