Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

futbalfantic

**Disclaimer** **This is for personal use only and I will in now way make a profit from it, school or otherwise**

Some background to the project:

When I sleep, I sleep, dead to the world and everything in it. The problem is that I HAVE to be able to wake up to my cellphone ringing. I am unable to foreward it to a land line and get a conventional hard of hearing ringer bed vibrator, so I have decided to try to build one with ya'lls assistance.

Project:

My goal is to use a Piezo sensor to activate a microcontroller (microchip since I have aquired the Pic2 kit) and the microcontroller triggers a bed vibrator until a switch is activated. EDIT: I would like the bed vibrator to pulse at 1 second intervals.

As far as the eletronics goes, I beleive that I have that all pinned down, but I am at a loss for the coding for this.

Any help would be greatly apprecated.
Dan

PS: my spelling is horrible and no spell checker on this computer.

Last edited:
You don't necessarily need a uC. Perhaps you could put your cellphone on a button (balanced) and the cell on vibrate mode. When the cell vibrates it will fall off and the button will activate the relay which will shake you back to life?
Btw: Does your bed have this shaking thing built in?

Haha, I've thought about that, but I cannot rely on keeping a good job on the off chance that it would fall and hit the switch. I have a alarm from sonic aleart with the bed vibrator.

If you can not program download "flow code". It will allow you to program by placing flow chart icons on a workspace and arranging them to make a program.

Flow Code will generate both BootC C code and machine code. I suggest using a PIC16F88 processor.

3v0

Haha, I've thought about that, but I cannot rely on keeping a good job on the off chance that it would fall and hit the switch. I have a alarm from sonic aleart with the bed vibrator.

No one said the phone has to hit the button. It can be a push button and when the phone falls off of the button then stuff happens.

Phone is on button nothing happens until its off button. Which is a nice idea by the way. :D

1. If you really want to code. You have to decide what PIC are you going to use? Something small here will do. A PIC16F or PIC18F will do.

2. um... whats the input like? How much power is the alrm going to be sending the pic? You might want to look into that as to not fry your pic.
What Voltage and Current?

3. When you have done 1 and 2 You have to understand something else.... I recommend using a simple on off switch instead of a push button to turn this thing from idle to active since it saves you some coding.

You can have the pic read the switch and if its a HIGH voltage then its on and waiting for the alarm to send a signal and if off then its just in sleep mode or something.

If you use a PIC with 4mhz internal clock then you can easily delay 1000 cycles for 1 second intervals and have it turn on the vibrater and off.

If you understood any of that im happy if not then heh...

Just ask more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back