Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to pic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

Hi all,

i need the following stuf and fast..

-Programmer board (hope 1 in circuit :D ), where to buy
-know how to make a chip choise
-knowing how to know how much chips you need
-knowing how to convert basic lang to assembly
- or how to learn quick assembly (books)

i have reserved for all this 450euro's

TKS

p.s. its no problem to buy a program board but then i need the scheme form it could copy it easyli

p.s. 2 i a pic or atmel chip the same as a ordinarry 386 chip???
and what whould i buy if i wanted simpel

a cpu and some mem and some i/o chips..??
:D

i would like complete projects example because the working of it is already proofed

Take a look at nigel's site
www.winpicprog.co.uk , if offers the scematic for a programmer (P16pro40) and free windows software and tutorials to learn assembler.

secondly www.microchip.com , the home of the pics offers a bunch of information.

A google search on 'Pic projects' gives a lot of usefull hits also.

A pic is NOT the same as a 386 chip, in fact, there a totally diffirent breed. The x86 is a microprocessor, a 'number crunsher' it is only a processing unit with a memory and databus, it relies on other components to do the actual I/O adn storage of data.

A pic is a complete computer on a single chip, it has ROM (or flash), RAM, rocessing unit, I/O, all on chip, so no external parts are required (except for a oscillator). As a result, it isn't nearly as powerfull as a 386 but it doesn't need to be, as it will spend it's life doing simple controlling functions, not running windows :p

Choosing archtecture

Hi thanks for your reply,

OK, i wanne bluid a SEFI system

(Syquential, Electronic, Fuel< Injectionsystem)

for a 6 cylinders engine.

that means for every time y inject the fuel i have to calculate the amount of fuel that is required.

I/O list:
inputs:
-water temperature
-air temperatue (maybe calculated)
-air density (maybe calculated)
-air weight (maybe calculated)
-rotation freq of the crankshaft
-camswitch (6x)

output:

a example of it:

**broken link removed**

Continue EFI

outputs there are offcourse also:

-6x injector
-6 outputs for a LCD ??? (if it is possible)

-serial i/o whit the pc

i also wanted to have the possebilety to watch/debug online???

TKS

(i started in de pic world whit a oopic system it worked very fine but i think that architecture cost a lot of performance..)

but the software was fine for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back