Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok1982

Hi!
Well, i am new to microcontroller. While looking a great future ahead in microcontroller, i am planning to design my projects using microcontroller instead of analog IC's. Can anyone help me to find, which controller is best Atmel, Renesas or any other. How to start the design using microcontroller. Also, from where i will get support for design, coding and for hardware.
In one line, "How to START"?

There's no such thing as 'best', but by far the most popular (and best supported) is the MicroChip PIC.

A lot really depends exactly what you're wanting to do, there's a wide range of devices with different capabilities.

I am planning to use C. I am not much perfect but i know it. I heared about embedded C, it is different then normal C language. Please suggest the website for C language.

I am planning to use C. I am not much perfect but i know it. I heared about embedded C, it is different then normal C language. Please suggest the website for C language.

C itself is much the same. The difference is that you are dealing directly with hardware. You need to understand the hardware to write the code to get the hardware setup as you need it.

3v0

What if i use Renesas "R8C/1A" instead of Microchip? Can anyone suggest the websites, which will help me to deal this controller.

Try here **broken link removed**

That's sure not a beginner chip

Last edited:
I choose to start with Microchip Microcontrollers.
Dont know why.
Actually yes I do. A friend was using them and he sent me a couple.

And I preffer assembley language.
I did a bit of C at uni and didn't fully understand it.
Assembley is what I found in the datasheet (for example codes and in the 'Instruction set' section) so I went with that.

I just personal preferrence.

When i reading a forum about something I would like to know and I find they have posted code in C, I mime a 4 letter word and find something else to read.
Its annoying but it will happen becasue people choose whatever language they feel comfortable with.

I would like to run a poll on what lanuage people prefer...

Work with a PIC 16F88. There are a lot of tutorials that use them, they're cheap and they have a lot of features to get you started.

Thank You! I will work on the same. Also, one thing that as i am new for the same sometime i will require help, hoping that you guys will help me.

Pic 1937 timer problem

Hello..
I am using pic 1937 in my project. I am using timer0 as an interrupt. Now the problem i am facing is : when timer0 overflows, the corresponding flag bit gets set.. then it must go into its service routine..but it is not entering into its service routine..just it overflows and flag gets set.. and it restarts. not going into its routine.. can anybody suggest any solution or hint regarding this?

thank you so much in advance..

Hello..
I am using pic 1937 in my project. I am using timer0 as an interrupt. Now the problem i am facing is : when timer0 overflows, the corresponding flag bit gets set.. then it must go into its service routine..but it is not entering into its service routine..just it overflows and flag gets set.. and it restarts. not going into its routine.. can anybody suggest any solution or hint regarding this?

Can you say "Thread Hijacked"?

Start a new THREAD for your issue. This one has nothing to do with your problem. Chances are your issue will not be seen, in this thread, by the people that can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back