Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new to Ardunio but trying to compile

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I stated above, I now stay away from MrDEB's threads for a simple reason. Back in 2009 there was this thread and in post 112 (page 6) I posted complete and working code (in Swordfish). The thread then continued until it was 25 pages long. I continued trying to help for a further 5 years. In all this time absolutely nothing has been learned. Well done Jon for persevering.

Mike.

I'm sorry I keep harping on like this... BUT!! you don't have to help... If you think MrDeb is past helping then don't.. Jon clearly see's the need to help.

MrDeb does this for a hobby... I'm fine with that.. The jump from Basic to C# is a bit of a leap, but we are where we are..

It keeps the troops entertained 2 thousand views... WTWH can have a feild day with MrDeb's posts..

BUT!! you don't have to help...
But I can't explain WHY I don't help? I thought it rather pertinent. You insist he's not a troll but present no evidence. I can't see how anyone cannot learn basic stuff in 12 years. I'm still of the opinion that he knows exactly what he's doing and is simply a troll. If not a troll then there's no point in anyone trying to help him as he'll never learn anything.

Mike.

But I can't explain WHY I don't help?

You have, many times .. .. .. .

You insist he's not a troll but present no evidence.

Trolls don't manage a coherent conversation in a one to one setting.

I can't see how anyone cannot learn basic stuff in 12 years.

Really ? Well in 12 years you haven't managed to learn what ETO is all about, and that's really basic !

What really gets my bits is that there is a group on here who think they are the dog's doodahs, not just for electronics but for everything else as well, and anybody who doesn't measure up to their standard is subject to the snide and ridicule of that Self Appointed Critics Society, which is turning ETO into a very elitist and unpleasant place.

If you don't see that, just watch the response to this post !

MM

I am attempting to understand this dB subject but do not own a calculator that does anything other than add, substract, multiply and divide.
My plan today is basically deconstruct the posted code and insert several PRINTLN lines to actually see what the code is doing and get rid of useless fluff.
THEN maybe I will get an understanding of what is happening on each line of code.

If you don't see that, just watch the response to this post !
Yours would appear as the first to my post.

Mike.
BTW, MusicMaster, you have appeared to me as the most arrogant person on here. Sent me a unsolicited message and when I didn't reply in the required time sent a very sarcastic message, at which time I told you where to go. You then seem to have me as an enemy even though you started and replied to your message. WTF?

BTW 2, you seem to be part of that snide group.

Last edited:
I am attempting to understand this dB subject but do not own a calculator that does anything other than add, substract, multiply and divide.

I know math isn't your strong point, but a little effort to understand what's going on isn't an outrageous request. If you have some basic understanding, it may begin to make sense.

Fortunately, the web is a vast place, with plenty of online scientific calculators, so all you have to do it click the link.

Despite Musicmanager 's comments (and a few others), I am trying to help by explaining things; you might try to understand the explanations. If you had learned when you started programming, maybe you wouldn't have over 5,000 threads here, each with many pages of replies.

The link above will take you to this calculator.

Screenshot_20210122-074907_Edge.jpg

Hey MusicManager, why don't you add to this thread rather than constantly put it down? Come on, show us how you add to this discussion.

Mike.,

Hey MusicManager, why don't you add to this thread rather than constantly put it down? Come on, show us how you add to this discussion.

I did at posts #3, #13, #16,# 32, #34, #55, #56, #62 & #64 .. .. .. ..however, once the subject got into sounds, dB's, linear and logarithmic calculations, something which I know little about, I was not able to offer any constructive help, so I kept my mouth shut. You should try it sometime, give us all a break ! :)

MusicMaster, you have appeared to me as the most arrogant person on here. Sent me a unsolicited message and when I didn't reply in the required time sent a very sarcastic message, at which time I told you where to go. You then seem to have me as an enemy even though you started and replied to your message.

Yes, I entirely accept that the message to which you refer was ill-advised, and I apologise for that. The problem is that I didn't realise soon enough that you were bereft of a sense of humour.
As for .. ' you seem to have me as an enemy .. .. .. .. .. .' that is nonsense, I don't give you enough thought for that kind of emotion and I don't 'do' enemies anyway. I criticised an action, not an individual.

With all due regard .. .. .

MM

My apologies to Jon, I never thought about using an online calculator.
Been dealing with contractors about a bathroom issue that needs to be remedied ASAP. Tub is rusting out = $$$
Will work on this code tomorrow but haven't given up. I put numerous PRINTLN in the code to get a sense what the code is actually doing. looks like it will help

My apologies to Jon, I never thought about using an online calculator.
On a side note here.... Someone on this forum mentioned an app.. It turns your phone into the best scientific calculator ever..

When I get two mins I'll post the name.... I use it all the time..

On a side note here.... Someone on this forum mentioned an app.. It turns your phone into the best scientific calculator ever..

I use Free42, which turns your phone into an HP42S calculator. But like all "real" HP calculators, it is RPN, which I won't be attempting to anyone.

Screenshot_20210122-180819.jpg

It's called DESMOS.. agreed you need a degree to use it... BUT WOW what a calculator...

Ugh. I'm not sure what the "new age" entry method on calculators is called (there doesn't seem to be any standard term), but I feel about it the way Pommie feels about RPN. I bought a cheap one of this type and I'm totally lost trying to use it.

[Edit] I installed this. Looks pretty slick.

Last edited:
RPN existed because it was how the hardware worked. Enter number, store, enter number, store, enter opperation, done. I don't know of this new method but it sounds made up and unnecessary.

Mike.
Edit, just installed DESMOS and tried to do 45x54 and it says its not valid!

RPN existed because it was how the hardware worked. Enter number, store, enter number, store, enter opperation, done. I don't know of this new method but it sounds made up and unnecessary.

RPN was used because it's simple to do - everything is done on the stack - each number is placed on the stack in turn, and then popped off by the command and the result put back on the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back