Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippie

What is it with new posters and their questions?

"I need a data sheet for a Fairchild device xx23456ss....."

Is it too difficult to do a search on a manufacturer's website........:(

Is Google broke?

All search engines are offline?

Huh.....??

Last edited:
This is normal human behavior. Why do something yourself when you can get others to do it for you?

This is normal human behavior. Why do something yourself when you can get others to do it for you?

I must exhibit abnormal behaviours then.....:D

Idle persons of questionable parentage...

I just don't get putting a personal introduction in the middle of a thread. In my thread about long range wifi someone came in and said, in summary:
"Hi, im new, this forum looks usefull, I do...and im interested in...im from..."
This seems to happen all the time also. Kinda weird.

Absolutely!:D

24hr monitoring and moderation of initial posts is the solution.:eek:

A new poster learn it after a while spending on the forum(like this thread).

New registration->click on an existing thread felt interested->put personal info and 'hiiiiiiii'->logout permanently. I think this is the life cycle of a great percentage of newcomers :)

I find myself unable to resist replying to posters with little to no chance of success with their project idea.
1. Too complex for a beginner
2. Zero skills
3. Not enough time.
4. Pure fantasy
5. "It must be cheap"
6. etc, etc, etc...
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
well you really get a lot of different backgrounds, people who are new but come from other technical fields like me, people who come from electronics related fields and then two other types:

those who have read or watched way too much sci fi and think it works like star trek, where if it sounds like in some crazy way it might work, then it works. "If I change the speed of the different electrons and do something so I can tell them apart, i can track several objects!" I think the world of sci fi, where the rule is "what can go right will go right" confuses some people who don't have expierience. In reality a project that started out like in star trek "If i double the frequency of the warp core input it may just break us free of this warp inhibiting feild, It would normally take weeks, but I can do it in 8 hours if I try" would end like "well dang, the power converter isn't working quite right at that frequency, the core is getting hot, and I think I fried something, were boned".

those seem to have just gotten the idea that they can save or make money easily this way. "How do I make a plasma screen TV? Id like to make a 72 inch for about $40, please give me schematics, and parts list with suppliers"

and there are students who want their homework done for them, but these can fit into the previous two categories.

Last edited:
Its not just this forum, look at all of the other forums too. I do some posting on CR4 now and they get the same stuff too.
They are a more diverse forum and very interesting though and have a much broader set of topic ranges.
Their only real down side is the format is clunky and and badly laid out. Electro tech is streamlined and very smooth compared to them.

But still they have stuff like 'How do I use a compressor system from a deep freeze to air condition my entire house?' type questions.

But still they have stuff like 'How do I use a compressor system from a deep freeze to air condition my entire house?' type questions.

...and thats' what I find frustrating when answering posts....Have people lost the ability to think for themselves?

Google is out there and there is a lot of info available to them....So why not do research instead of asking for a ready made project......?

tcmtech said:
do some posting on CR4 now and they get the same stuff too.
They are a more diverse forum and very interesting though and have a much broader set of topic ranges.
Their only real down side is the format is clunky and and badly laid out. Electro tech is streamlined and very smooth compared to them.

Just joined at CR4, and the first rule of any forum should be disable guest posts. Really.

Last edited:
Google is out there and there is a lot of info available to them....So why not do research instead of asking for a ready made project

I kinda wonder that too, there are plenty of ready made projects out there. I usually just ask for help on the parts I'm stuck on. But I guess in our soft world people don't necessarily learn how to learn. I just don't get why one would get into a hobby like electronics if they don't like doing stuff themselves. If you make scrapbooks or something, and you get all the help you can, I assume you just want the scrap books. But with electronics if its not the fun of learning and having something you made yourself, i can't really see what the motivation would be, since you can buy most of this stuff. I suppose its the same reasons we keep seeing, they think they can get it cheaper or do something amazing really easily.

Just joined at CR4, and the first rule of any forum should be disable guest posts. Really.

Some days I feel like I am being followed? :eek: :D

I did a few guest posts there myself. However they got good answer ratings so I figured I had better put at name behind my work before anyone else claims the credit. :p

But yea they get a load of anonymous nuts posting under the guest title. I suspect we would here too as well if that guest title was an option. :(

I am the same tcmtech there as here. Same avatar picture too by the way.:)

yeah... i didn't like the layout either. Enjoy the slick look of this one, plus you guys are fairly knowledgeable if not a little grumpy. :D

j/k I really DO appreciate the work of the moderators to keep crap off of the board.

I wore my crystal ball & secret decoder ring out ages ago.

heh, Now your going to end up getting PM's:
"PLZ tell how U maek it the "crystal ball"? Can tell me how mak one that doezen wear it out?"

Last edited:
I found the people to be friendly helpful and the moderators do give the nutters the boot on short order too! ;)
In some aspects they are a bit more lenient but over all their greatest down fall is the crappy format they use. If they changed that I can see it becoming a more diversified forum just like this one! :eek:

I mainly like it because I can do more higher power electrical, mechanical, automotive, and AE and fuels Q & A there. :)

Some days you guys just play with things that are to small and power conscientious for me! :( Plus the AE section gets its undies in a bunch to often and to easy for me too.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back