Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new...n looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokvlcc

hi guys,
i am new here n new to pics....i'd appreciate any feedback from u guys even though the question might seem dumb to u....ur feedback is vital for my project....

the thing is that i am making a wireless tx/rx for my fyp project....it uses visible light communications to transmit a sequence of data.....the sequence is static and continuous(each light send it's designated data continuously) the question is
what would be the best method to accurately read the data with a pic 16f877a?
is the ADC in this pic accurate??
and is there a better pic for this purpose??
what would be the best coding if the data is a 6bit sequence and it's required that each three bits are assigned to a different variable for further processing like addition,comparison..etc.

currently wat i hv in mind is tht i take the input through ADC to reconstruct the digital sequence....then align with the clock through edge detection(external interrupt) and then read the data after the start bit...would that work??!!

ok nw u knw hw shallow my knowledge is with regards to pics.....so pleeeeeease help me.....

the thing is that i am making a wireless tx/rx for my fyp project....it uses visible light communications to transmit a sequence of data.....the sequence is static and continuous(each light send it's designated data continuously)

Transmitting visible light communications is not practical for me.Better way is Infrared (IR) communication for indoor applications.

Learn how to use Infrared Stuff.Make your own protocol & send required data packet & have fun :D

thanx alot gayan but unfortunately i am already stuck with vlc...........thanx alot atomsoft that would b pretty helpful.....thanx alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back