Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Monitor conversion help

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwaterchippie

Hello dear friends,

I have an old CNC machine and the touchscreen monitor is connected directly into the motherboard using this cable (photo attached) . It seems to be a 24-pin JST connector… would you guys know or recommend a converter to use with a modern monitor - VGA or usb connection? I don’t have the schematics of this board!

Hope to hear from you! Kind Regards,
94D8A76F-D50D-4EB2-8220-4E47C7C37AD8.jpeg

Attachments

• 109814CA-7996-46DC-AA2D-93313B80E000.jpeg
    109814CA-7996-46DC-AA2D-93313B80E000.jpeg
    886.1 KB · Views: 183
I don't have any hope on the "touch screen" part working again.
Maybe on the monitor part.
Do you have any test equipment like an oscilloscope?
We don't know what type of monitor. Do you have any information? It might not be VGA but CGA or EGA or custom.

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your reply!
I don't have an oscilloscope unfortunately, however I managed to find some good information about the monitor after finding the manufacturers part number. I have attached here the monitor specs as well as some photos of the connectors wiring sequence. I would appreciate any comments or ideas on how to get started on this! Have a great weekend! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    529.6 KB · Views: 195
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    670.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 199
  • G104SN03_V5_AUO.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
That look like a unique digital protocol to the display and likely would require a custom interface to use a standard monitor.

LVDS is a reasonably standardised protocol.
This looks like it may be what you need?

Or a DVI-I one:

DVI-I means direct connect to a DVI input monitor, and also VGA and HDMI with the appropriate pin adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back