Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Jersey About to be Attacked by Giant Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAl

Most Helpful Member
Hello,

In the attached satellite map you can see the giant mouse that is just about to attack New Jersey! We are going to need a bigger mouse trap.

Ok just kidding, it's really the snow pattern that is approaching and it will be here in a couple hours. It's not supposed to be too bad just about an inch or two, not like last time when we had quite a bit of snowfall. New York (about 20 miles from here) already had something like 23 inches more than it usually has up to this time of the year so it's been quite a snowy year for us this year.

Attachments

• SnowMouse-1.jpg
    SnowMouse-1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 302
I wish the mouse come here around my area. I have never seen snow and snowfall. Minimum temperature of here is 9 degrees celcious. Maximum may be 43. Can I say- around the the world, colder places like (USA, Canada, UK, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, Chaina) have became 'most developed' country? Does cold make mind fresh/progressive so?

The 'mouse' appears to be sporting some form of headwear, kinda like the Rasta-hats commonly seen around here in Bermuda.

Mr Al, for just a sec I thought your post had something to do with your overweight gov...

Hi again,

There is a name for natural things (like cloud formations) that look like common objects but i cant remember what it is called. It's amazing how the shape sometime resembles the object so clearly sometimes. I guess that is because we are familiar with so many objects in life.

Mike:
Ha ha, well he recently had surgery to help curb appetite, something like a gastro bypass. So he could be loosing weight now. But that seems to be the least of everyone's worries these days with the Bridgegate scandal. We hope he didnt have anything to do with that but it sill looks bad that one of his upper staff members was directly responsible.

Mickster:
I thought it looked like ears, but on his back it looks like he has tiny wings ha ha so he can fly here.

Willen:
You know as i was posting i was wondering if people around the world would see this and think about what it must be like to have snow if they dont normally have it in their area. I think the cooler weather does help with health issues as the heat can be a real pain. I also see that the cooler weather helps keep the insect population in check. Places that are warmer all year tend to have greater insect problems.

BioniC:
Maybe if you have a pic laying around you can post so we can take a look. Sounds funny.

Places that are warmer all year tend to have greater insect problems.
Oh really YES!!! Here, around 9 warmer months of each year, I am fighting with hundreds of mosquitos at same time. Just 3 cooler months they go for hibernation. At the outdoor light, there are thousands of insects. If I could collect them, I could get more than 1kg insects per night. Different types of snakes are here. Sometime they kill human so most of the time human kill them.

I wish the mouse come here around my area. I have never seen snow and snowfall. Minimum temperature of here is 9 degrees celcious. Maximum may be 43. Can I say- around the the world, colder places like (USA, Canada, UK, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, Chaina) have became 'most developed' country? Does cold make mind fresh/progressive so?
Interesting question, Willen.

If we consider that, generally speaking, you won't probably die from the heat in the warmer climes, but you can definitely die from the cold in the colder climes, then maybe the need to stay warm spurs additional creative thought.

Interesting question, Willen.

If we consider that, generally speaking, you won't probably die from the heat in the warmer climes, but you can definitely die from the cold in the colder climes, then maybe the need to stay warm spurs additional creative thought.
Hi cowboy, have you seen snakes in real there? I am asking because in some GK book, I have found that there are no snakes in Island! Is it?

OK, I am feeling I had to said 'hot' instead of warm. It looks like (general assumption) hotter places around the world are little back in development. I don't know about there but Here seasons changes so amazingly. During summer it rains very heavily. Sometime we lost our land inside flood. And summer produces VERY hot around 43 degrees C. It feels like we about to lost our hair of head due to high temperature. Almost 6 months of year we face extremely hot. During winter we feel extremely cold. Temperature is not comparatively low, (it is around 9 degree C) but as I said, we had faced extremely hot days before so due to this instant temperature change it feels extremely cold.

I think people from really cold places are familier with cold forever and they know that how to make warm body forever. So I feel their life and mind is 'filtered', 'smooth', 'regulated' and 'power loss of mind due to heat dissipation is less'.

But we face extremely HOT and instantly extremely COLD. It is very high positive peak and very high negative peak. Due to such high amplitude input in our life I am feeling our life is little unregulated and distorted due to high peaks.

Warm urges to progress/creativity but hotter and colder dries them hehe, isn't it?

Last edited:
Hi,

If i get too warm i get very sleepy. That's part of why i started to like the cold weather. In the cold weather it does not take much to keep warm as long as it is not extreme cold. You can put on one shirt, two shirts, three shirts, plus a nice coat, and it does not cost that much. But in the summer when it is warm you have to use air conditioning if you want to keep cool which could be a burden. If you go out much you also need it in your car, and that means less gas mileage too.

So what i have learned over the years is it is easier to keep warm than it is to keep cool, as long as you dont have to go to very extreme cold places like the antarctic. That extreme cold is a different story. But around here in winter you just need warm clothing and you are good to go.

Hi,

If i get too warm i get very sleepy.
Haha so funny!
You can put on one shirt, two shirts, three shirts, plus a nice coat, and it does not cost that much. But in the summer when it is warm you have to use air conditioning if you want to keep cool which could be a burden. If you go out much you also need it in your car, and that means less gas mileage too.
Yes! You are talking about 'less mileage of gas' but I am thinking about a whole 'Car'!
I am feeling amazing lifestyle gap between there and here. Most of the people there have car. Most of the people here have bicycle haha. Around city area very important persons have air conditioning. Mostly in offices and banks. ;)

We earn $200 per month as a middle class good salary, and a car cost $10,000 normally. Few years ago I my elder bro bought a motor bike which cost $1,400. He needed to work more than 9 months to buy it because he earns $150.

Willen, if you don't mind my asking, where in Asia are you?

I like your 'Signature", by the way...:cool:

Willen, if you don't mind my asking, where in Asia are you?
Hi,
Are you feeling amazing then? Most of the country around the world has same condition. LOTS of normal people around Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, India, Maldives and many more difficult countries get monthly income around $200 for middle class non-technical job (basic salary). Few are VERY rich also and they are in business instead of job. Specially here in Nepal no more environment for good business. Most of the people have gone abroad. Few have business and few have job. If you came here as a tour with $4000, your money will be Rs. 4,00,000/- it's VERY LOT for here!!! Due to this both economic cost of their money and natural beauty, tourists choose the country.
I like your 'Signature", by the way...:cool:
I copied the signature and pasted here. Because I am not an engineering student, i am a hobbyists instead. So tenth of years I am being learning same Ohm's law may be hehe. So I will ask same type of questions here forever. And the signature by Einstein says to expert- "never feel irritated to Willen for answering." ;)

Last edited:
Hello again, Willen,

It does not sound easy for you. I know little of Nepal but I understand that it is a beautiful country with wonderful people. Economic opportunities do vary considerably between countries. Such is the way of this world.

I also note your remarkably positive attitude. I admire that a lot.

And you've obviously been working on your English. This is a good place to practice the technical use of the language.

Ask any and all the questions that come to mind. I'm quite sure that the crew here at ETO will be glad to help you in any way they can.

CBB

(Mods, this has gotten pretty off-topic, but it didn't seem like such a bad thing, given the circumstances...)

Hi again,

Yes i am aware of the imbalance of economics around the world and am sorry to hear about that. But it is getting that way here too now as time goes by. Back when i got my used car 20 years ago it was only $1000 USD, but now we are lucky if we can find one for $5000 USD. That's how much it changed. And we also have MANDATORY insurance we have to purchase which costs a lot of money, for many people over $100 USD just for that (in case of car accident). That's a total of $1200 USD per year.
The mechanics also charge $90 per hour plus elevated parts prices.

If i did not need a car to get to important places (many places are not close by) i would gladly do without one these days. The other modes of travel here are very strange and some are expensive per trip.

BTW i watched the giant mouse dissipate on the map later that day. It's amazing how much it really did look like a mouse though that is what caught my attention. Still cant remember what this psychological phenomenon is call thought. We are in for an even bigger "mouse" coming tomorrow though, with much more snow. That's going to be another big pain digging out of that one.

Yea well last 2 days here has been mid to low 40's C and tonight on the news they reckon around 50mm + in rain each day for the next few days. Usually every year we look for the rains around ANZAC day but this year our tanks will be overflowing way before then. Once again it will be a good laugh when upto 1/2 a mil people lose power down the hill due to weather conditions and here we are on the farm loving every drop that comes our way.

Hi cowboybob,
Yeah comparatively hard for us here, not only for me. I think people around me (and me too) are always busy to think that "how to make basic money for foods, house, educations etc" instead of "new ideas, exploration and inventions." It is remarkable point between advanced and underdeveloped country.

And yes I am working for English language to improve. Sometime I feel shame while talking with European and American. :) I have finished university and became an little expert (baby linguistics) in my native language. That is why I didn't get more chances for English. The thread is under 'Members Lounge' so I guessed it will not be OFF-Topic problem critically. Anyway,Thanks for your nice words!

Hi MrAl,
Are there any public site to see satellite pictures each and everytime like maplandia.com or like Google earth? But these are not VERY current map, they have old map. But we need current map to see weather changes. How are you locating the Giant Mouse? :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hi,

Well we got hit pretty bad yesterday, lots and lots of snow. This was no mouse this time more like an elephant. Then we got a little more last night, now we are going to get even more Saturday. What a pain with the digging out and all. Other places north of here got even more snow than we did, more than 15 inches with more to come.

Hi,
I salute them who created satellites and such ideas. What is the average temperature there now?

Same here, from 12 hours here temperature decreased lot and raining too. I heard there are heavy snow fall around hill (mountain) area (northern part) of my country. May be it was brother of that 'giant mouse' came here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back