Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Welcome to nerd land.:)

Hi all. New to your forums, but not to electronics. Just dropped by to say hi.

Welcome, good to have you.

What do you mean not new to electronics ? People come to the site and we don't really know much about them.

blwnv8, are you a mechanic ?

kv:)

Maybe he's a HHO nutter and he means he blew up his V8!

Maybe he's a HHO nutter and he means he blew up his V8!

If you look at his other post gps and what are the connections that pulled off the circuit board.

Is that really possible ? I think you just burn up the valves or something. More like "Brntupv8" not "blwnv8"

I remember I found an old slant 6 still in the frame no radiator I was about 13yrs old. I got a 5 gal can of gas and battery and cranked it till it started ? There was no oil pan then I pulled the throttle back as far as it would go. I came back later and it ran out of gas I refilled it but, could never seize the engine. I gave up.

kv:)

Last edited:
Not sure myself.
I've seized a few main bearings before and blown the head off a lawn mower engine doing hydrogen gas with oxygen boosting experiments before! (Not HHO) ;)
I assume it was a Chrysler slant six? They were so over built that I can see where what you did could realistically happen. You cant over rev one simply because valve float will limit the RPM's, The main and connecting rod bearings are huge for an engine of that size and power, And the cast iron block was originally designed as to be made as a cast aluminum one but a manufacturing cost change kept them as a iron block but with the aluminum sizing.
In an open frame it could aparnatly support air cooling at no load conditions being the pan was off and everything was in the open!
I bet it rattled pretty good at the end though!:eek::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back