Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New here

Status
Not open for further replies.

olafsson

I'm working as an electrician and studying as well. So have some background in basic calculations and a little soldering (teacher neglected to tells us what the hell we were doing and what we were using, just here's a picture... now do the same).

I've got tons of old computer stuff, keyboards, monitors, mainboards and so on... what would you suggest I'd do with it (seen that some take the good bits of them and I've also seen where they are using cards with video out to convert audio players)?

Know that there are tons of possibilities but maybe it better to start with something else or smart ways of using that hardware stuff to learn efficiently

*First Welcome To The Forums*

As to Slobbering, slobbering is an skill. Like many skills practice makes perfect and it is just a skill you work at to improve. Just remember when it comes to slobbering, the bigger the blob the better the job! :)

OK, seriously soldering is a skill that requires practice to develop.

Now as to old computer parts. I frequently rework old systems and just give them to people in need of a system and lacking funds. Also using old parts to build small systems and install less demanding operating systems like flavors of Linux. Many old motherboards and cards also yield decent parts.

Just My Take
Ron

*First Welcome To The Forums*

As
to Slobbering, slobbering is an skill. Like many skills practice makes perfect and it is just a skill you work at to improve. Just remember when it comes to slobbering, the bigger the blob the better the job! :)

OK, seriously soldering is a skill that requires practice to develop.

Now as to old computer parts. I frequently rework old systems and just give them to people in need of a system and lacking funds. Also using old parts to build small systems and install less demanding operating systems like flavors of Linux. Many old motherboards and cards also yield decent parts.

Just My Take
Ron

yeah, tried putting together a small system for linux but think that the spare hdd I have were dead. Thanks for the pointers, gonna make a list of what I have and post it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back