Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

new here .. so HI to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

miro_gt

hey guys/gals,

I finally decided to register on here as well. From my simple search this turned to be quite good resource about electronics, so here I come :).

besides the fun-nature person that I am (kind of), I tend to create cool stuff from time to time, or when I get boored. Electronics was my hobby back in the day, then it faded somewhat, then came back again. So yeah, now I'm about to create another nice project (that can be actually usefull to many people and not only me) - will tell later though.

things that I've created in the past:

- alarm system with motion sensors (analog)

- regulated power supply 2x 0-30VDC 0-2A + 1x5VAC output not regulated (for fun). That I had to convert from a 2x18V 3A diagram and besides the fact that it burned all 4 of my digita voltmeters, it worked as power supply. Turning wires to make the transformer = not fun.

- small car amplifier (4x11W or 2x22W rms)

- digital alarm clock (based on philips 87c750 microcontroller). Goes faster by 30 sec per day .. duhh .. needs small crystal offset.

- some complex trafic lights (with no microcontrollers - was a pain but worked with state machine over GAL22v10 logic chip programmed on VHDL)

- audio compressor/expander

- here's a big one - an air gun: game for 3 people :). What it does is it shoots ping pong balls with compressed air into a targed, and keeps score. You adjust the pressure that you want to shoot with, it builds it and you see the pounds on 2 7-seg indicators, when it's ready it tells you and you can move the guy (pvc pipe) with stepper mottor left or right, and shoot, lol. Oh, you enter your name via keypad on a LCD display where you see all instructions about the game. Has external memory too. Pretty cool, I should post pictures maybe. Based on 8051.

- ah, chipped and reprogrammed my car to work well with the turbo that I put on it so that I can smoke everybody (well most) on the highway, lol. Honda Civic FTW.

.. other stuff that I cant remember at the moment ..

anyways, I'll try not to post too much BS and create traffic for the forum, but hope to meet some cool people as well.

so yey, whats up everybody :D :D

Welcome to the forum =) Feel free to create traffic, it's generally good as long as you're not calling people idiots. So as long as you're polite you'll go far =) Sounds like you know what you're doing, just keep in mind people here have a WIDE range of knowledge and experience so dive right on in. One other thing. Every few months we get inundated with students.

Hitech, you should still be a student, even if you are an adult =)
If you're old and you're still learning it's all good.
If you're old and you're set in your ways you're an old fart =)

Hi Miro

Welcome to the forum.

What about those who are old and know it all? Not that I'm saying there are any of those around here.:rolleyes:

Personally, I'm still a student.:D

Mike.

What if you DO know it all? :D

But the constantly dealing with all of the others that think they know it all wares you out enough to not want to share everything you know? ;)

If your dumb no one expects you to prove it. :p
If your smart you are constantly being forced to prove it.
Unfortunatly the person you are proving it to often is not smart enough to understand what you just proved to them. ;)
Thusly making the whole proving effort a total waste of your time! :(

If you think you know it all, you're the biggest idiot there is =)

We all are set in our ways in one respect or another so that argument doesn't fly. I work in the field of higher education, so I, if anyone, would know about being a student as well as continuing education regardless of one's age. :p

thanks all

.. and I would add: the more you learn, the more you realise that you dont know s--t :)

also, when I'm hungry my awesome thoughts tend to disappear. Duhh ... but one pizza fixes everything :D

Last edited:
thanks all

.. and I would add: the more you learn, the more you realise that you dont know s--t :)

also, when I'm hungry my awesome thoughts tend to disappear. Duhh ... but one pizza fixes everything :D
Awesome thoughts? Thoughts aren't awesome... events, reactions, and situations around us may be awesome. However I do agree with you on a good tasty pizza fixing most things! That's always a welcome food item for me! After a full belly of pizza, I can ponder how awesome it tasted, and how awesome it feels to be full from such deliciousness.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back