Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Guy With Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tube Power

Howdy,

I'm a novice who can follow directions.

I've modified some components following designs posted on the web several times.
Strictly for function so far, I don't understand theory.

I have a GE Super Radio III that I would like to add an input jack to.
I want to plug an mp3 player in and also my electric guitar for practice.
I would appreciate ideas detailing how I could go about this.
Here are some schematics I found for it.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thank you very much.

P.S.
I would like the radio to function when the outboard components are unplugged.

Last edited:
Here is a page with all the schematics:

GE Superradio 3

On the schematic titled "AM/FM Detector" pin 8 coming from U1 goes to the pre-amp circuit. What I would try would be to place a SPDT switch inline with the connection from pin 8 to the pre-amp. With the switch in one position, the radio would work normally. With the switch in the other position, it would allow the output from your mp3 player or guitar to go into the pre-amp, then pack into U1 and then out the speakers.

I've never tried something like this before so I don't know if it will work but that's what I would try first. Hopefully someone with more knowledge/experience with this sort of thing can chime in and tell you if I'm crazy or if it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back