Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikky

Hi,

I don't know whether it is correct or not, but i would like to have a new forum in which the people can post details about their project which they have allready build and are ready to sell them in the consumer market. If this one would be there then, it would be helpfull for other to get directly the product which has been already build in some part of the world rather than investing time in developing it.

Also the forum should support a things like Consultants, where the other people could post their project which are to be made and are ready to pay the other person for it.

Requesting other members view

Why would anyone want to post proprietary information to the public. What would be the point?

Hi Mike,

I am not asking the persons to give details about the internals of the product. Only the functional detials of the product. How they are superior or advance than other, what is the cost, what is the leed time etc..

Example :- Their are numerous heart pluse rate detector. But some even detect the CO2 and oxygen content in the blood at very nominal price compared to the one which is able to detect only the pulse rate. This way their product differs for the other.

So do you think there should be a spam forum?

Not a spam forum in my words.

It would have something like the person who has developed a product which he thinks could be helpfull to other also, can convey his/her message to the world. You can say a type to marketing of the product.

But here the marketing would not like what we see in the TV. Just a product overview with its features, cost etc....

If anybody is interested in the product he can directly consult the person who has developed it and can ask for some the modification (if possible in the design) which he would prefer. A kind of direct interaction between the user of the Microsoft and Bill Gates Team.

Sorry, I think this is a bad idea.

No one's going to post their project if they want if sell it and if we allow anyone to post with the intention of selling it leaves the door open to spammers.

Maybe a good idea but not if it were free.

Spammers are not willing to pay to promote their products. The inventor or engineer would.

It also has the benefit of generating revenue to keep the forum running.

3v0

Maybe if only forum supporters are allowed to create and post in threads in the advertising section it would serve a purpose.

Hi,

As 3v0 said, i think the way to keep the spammer block is the paid service.
The moderator will ask the persons to pay them for posting their products.

Or he can filter the post which will be received about the product. I was thinking even of the scheme in which the forum supporters having excelent reputation, or activity will get the chance to upload their product at the discounted rate!!!

So this would promote the supporters as well as will help in running the forum.

I would use it! But only if the fees were reasonable and I got interest shown in my products.

But then I am also the type that will just toss information out to the world just to get others thinking about how to do something in cheaper and better way as well.
If I cant get rich doing it then no one else should either. Give so many others the information they need to copy or slightly modify the concept that mass competition will keep the price down.

I am not asking the persons to give details about the internals of the product. Only the functional detials of the product. How they are superior or advance than other, what is the cost, what is the leed time etc..

The forum will have only the fuctional part of the product.

toss information out to the world just to get others thinking about how to do something in cheaper

It will not be meant for helping others to solve their query or reducing the BOM cost of others.

Give so many others the information they need to copy or slightly modify
And if i have intention to copy other manufactures product, then i can simply buy them in pretex of using it. And then i would bring it in my company and do all kind of the R&D to duplicate it. And i think if this would be the case, then no manufacturing unit have marketed their product simply the fear that the other would copy my design.

I think, not a singal person is their in the world that have the same ability or knowledge or understanding of things which the second or third person has. If this would be the case then i can think of more than 1 Bill Gates, David Beckham (even i want to be him), Roger Fedder etc....

The time you have invested in developing your product and in process of doing it you have developed some other concepts would be with you only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back