Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New email alerts being sent automatically to spam folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hi EM,

I'm not sure if this is something on your end or mine, but I used to always get email alerts from ETO when there was a new post made to a watched thread. However, after the new software update it seems they are automatically being sent to my spam folder. I am using AOL, personally. Just wondering if there's something in these new email alerts that might trip the spam-blocker on email accounts? Unfortunately I can't provide much more information. I'll keep telling AOL that these messages are not spam, but I wanted to bring it up just in case.

Thanks,
Matt

DerStrom8:

Put the ETO notification address in your address-book too. Remember, that sometimes websites change their notification addresses periodically as well.

The return address is not the domain of the sender, so it's suspicious to SPAM filters from the get go.

From my header: Received-SPF: softfail (transitioning domain of gmail.com does not designate xx.xx.xx.xx (I redacted the IP address) as permitted sender)

AOL is a very poor service that doesn't have many options. I may have found a way to add the address to my contacts, but I am not yet sure if it will help....

Thanks KISS,
Matt

AOL is a very poor service that doesn't have many options. I may have found a way to add the address to my contacts, but I am not yet sure if it will help....

Thanks KISS,
Matt

Hi Matt,

You can go to "settings" then "Filters and Alerts". You then see your filters, then you can "edit" by clicking "Edit".
Change the address as EM has shown.
"Settings" shows up on the mail page near the upper right corner (in the minimal email version).

I completely forgot about that settings page! Thanks for the tip MrAl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back