Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New electronics nut in the family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
My 7 year old niece picked up my brothers soldering pencil this week and knocked out a fairly complex multi LED and switch circuit with no real help from anyone! :):)
Being she has little fingers she did it with all surface mount LED's too!
I am working up some simple electronics projects for her to learn from.

I was thinking of doing the reversed Peltier cooler power cell project so she has a grasp of thermal electric effects and donate my solar cells too!
Get here interested in alternative energy powered stuff.
Maybe a little wind generator for the garage too!

So, any one got some good ideas for learning projects?

She is very smart and learns fast so I will need some basic but not too basic things she could build. She is already wanting to start on IC's and basic control chips. :)

Looks like I may have to convert her go-cart to electric drive soon! :)

My 7 year old niece picked up my brothers soldering pencil this week and knocked out a fairly complex multi LED and switch circuit with no real help from anyone! :):)
Being she has little fingers she did it with all surface mount LED's too!
I am working up some simple electronics projects for her to learn from.

I was thinking of doing the reversed Peltier cooler power cell project so she has a grasp of thermal electric effects and donate my solar cells too!
Get here interested in alternative energy powered stuff.
Maybe a little wind generator for the garage too!

So, any one got some good ideas for learning projects?

She is very smart and learns fast so I will need some basic but not too basic things she could build. She is already wanting to start on IC's and basic control chips. :)

Looks like I may have to convert her go-cart to electric drive soon! :)

Did you say 7? Wow, how did she know how to do that? Pretty smart kid, at 7 I could barely tie my shoes :)

Bigger badder LED matrix projects maybe.

Won't help 3v0 =)

A 11 year old girl that I tutored can solder rings around all the older kids I teach.

Yes, I taught my daughter to solder when she was about 8?, I bought her a Velleman LED kit. When they did a little electronics at secondary school she was the best at soldering in the class, including the teacher :D

I donated my solar panels last night and a pair of low speed high torque DC motors. :)
My brother plays with the RC planes and helicopters and we came to the conclusion that the helicopter blades are the same basic pitch as a wind generator. All they need is the angle changed to catch wind instead of make wind. :)
And being about $20 for a set of 4 blades for the 450mm heli's on eBay a micro generator is in the plans. I will need to machine out an adapter and hub so the blades to fit on the 24 VDC 50w motor and sit at the right angle.
He and I plan to make it a kit type project for her. All she needs to do is assemble it. Although she has been pestering me to show her how to run my lathe and mill! So maybe junior machinist will haveto be in the lesson plans now too! ;)

We are hoping for maybe a GTI design for 6 grade science fair and possibly a full on android by senior year! :D
I am personally pushing for world domination by the end of college! ;):p:D:) ( provided I get to help of course! Just call me Mini Me.):D

I will get some pictures of her work this weekend.

Cool, post some pictures of her with workbench. I love smart kids. I heartly welcome her to our electro tech nut family ;-)

Who's avatar is the woman in the Mona Lisa smoking a cigarette =O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back