Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New addition to family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we are not married but have been together for 9 years this Oct 18. So i say we are married :) Kids are great.

Heh - in certain parts of the country, you might even be considered "legally married" (common law marriage) - not sure if NY is such a state or not (AZ is). Hmm...

New York Divorce Source: Common Law Marriages in New York
Common Law Marriage in New York

I guess you're safe! :)

You have to remember kids do cost a lot but its a great thing to make or mod a toy for your child and have then go crazy and say they love it.

Kids are a hand full but i cant imagine my life without my son now. Hes like a new toy that learns everyday !!! heh Being selfish isnt bad when you have no kids.
But with kids you have to share almost everything, its actually ok tho. My son inspires me all the time to do better. I am switching to ARM7 now so i can make
higher quality toys. Like my son likes to make animations on his Nintendo DSi. So im planing on making a Touch Screen (color) with a ARM7 to save images and play them back at different speeds.

You sound devoted to your son like my boss is to his own son - that's a great thing to have!

Something like a digital flip book. Im sure he will love it! It should be done in about 2-4 weeks. I am getting my ARM in the mail this week.

Hmm - I almost want such a thing myself (I'd want it more had I not bought that oscope today!); when I was a kid I collected a few flip books, and also drew a few. A digital one should be neat to see; when you get it done, you should post about it on the forum (perhaps with a video of it in action)!

:)

Yeah i still consider it common law a bit heh... but i guess im safe :D

Yeah my son is everything to me. Even if hes a little bad now and then :)

Ill be sure to post videos of it and stuff. I ordered a nice 1.8" TFT Color LCD Display:
# Screen resolution: 128x160.
# Screen size: 1.8".
# Screen type: TFT.
# Controller chip: NT3915.
# Built-in backlight.

I just need to find a touch screen the same size or larger heh...

I just need to find a touch screen the same size or larger heh...

Hmm - they obviously exist:

**broken link removed**

(which supposedly has a "1.3 inch LCD touch screen")

Now - whether you can find one separate from your screen is the question; you might find it easier to buy it as a single unit (touchscreen and LCD as a package) than as separate components...

Good luck!

:)

Well i have a DS Touch screen and was thinking about making the LCD fit under it and a Printed menu on bottom perhaps?
Or just hide the rest of the touch screen?

Its cheaper to buy it... **broken link removed**

$0.58 more and you can get in US. NJ is close to me so about 1-2 days shipped heh...

**broken link removed**

Ill order 2 or so...

Jason, the "First walk with Radio Flyer wagon" was a riot to watch. Screw the lights! :) He was going places with that wagon. Reminded me of how I got my youngest sister pushing a doll crib to walk. Man, that little guy was traveling. Really funny at the start when the wagon was moving forward and he wasn't.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back