Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New addition to family

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Just wanted to tell everyone my wife/girlfriend is pregnant with our seconds child. I have a 4 year old son right now and a baby girl on the way!!!

Im letting my hair grow so i have something to rip out when stressed heh..

Congratulations. Enjoy them whilst they're young. My youngest just turned 18 and it wasn't long ago my eldest, now 22, was born.

Mike.

Heh yeah THANKS!. My son just started Pre-K and he thinks hes grown lol... We play everyday. I make sure we have fun. Im even creating some light for his little scooter. So it will light up around the bottom in red and blue. so far i just have to code and solder some more wires and done! heh

I cant wait to have this girl even tho my whole family is girls heh. I got so many aunts and sisters and grandmothers... No grandfathers, uncles or brothers heh. Its crazy. At least i know how to deal with a girl by now :D

Last edited:
hi Atom,
Well done, boy and girl, congratulations.

My first Great Great Grandson born last week, cripes, that makes me a Great Great Grandfather.:eek:

I hope your children bring you as much joy as my flock have....[all 24 of them!]...;)

Heh congrats on the new addition to your family also. I hope i live old enough to be a great great grandpa. Heh 24 is alot ... you were busy! :D

Hey there Jason, congratulations as the population of Brooklyn grows. The greatest gift my children gave me was grandchildren! Just wait. :)

Been meaning to ask, where in Brooklyn?

Ron

Hey thanks! I live in a horrible place but its getting cleaner by the year. Not as bad as 3 years ago. I live in Bushwick Houses. The street is Flushing Ave. Its dangerous out here unless you know the people. I tend to stay home or if i got out its away from here :D

The rent is cheap!!! thats why i stay.

Hey thanks! I live in a horrible place but its getting cleaner by the year. Not as bad as 3 years ago. I live in Bushwick Houses. The street is Flushing Ave. Its dangerous out here unless you know the people. I tend to stay home or if i got out its away from here :D

The rent is cheap!!! thats why i stay.

Brooklyn, the one I remember is great. I was born in the old Adelphia Hospital on Green Avenue (now apartments). My grandfather was a surgeon there and delivered 4 of us in that hospital. Hell, the same grandfather that took me to Dodger games in Ebbits Field. Did plenty of growing at 508 1st street between 7th and 8th avenues (Park Slope or Prospect Park West) section in a big old brownstone. That was the grandparents house and doctor's office. Loved Prospect Park as a kid.

Then later to LI (Uniondale) where the rest of my formative years were. I still get back to the Big Apple at least once a year to party with old friends on the beach and drink beers.

Anyway, screw that and congratulations again on the addition. Like I said, wait till they are grown and bringing the grandchildren over. Life just gets better!

Ron

Nice to see a original NY-er here. You had a interesting growing up. Thats cool about your grandpa being a Surgeon and delivering 4 of your family.

Thanks hopefully the years dont fly by :D i would like to stay young a bit more! :)

Yeah, :)

Enjoy your youth but don't worry about it as growing old is mandatory but growing up is an option. Brooklyn? Not a better place on the planet, I still have a few friends in Brooklyn. I can't say I want to rush back to the Apple to live but damn, I do love getting back for visits. The food alone makes the trip worth it.

Ron

Yeah im still a child inside! :) Its not too too bad out here but sucks sometimes. The food is great. heh ... I cant fend for fast food like KFC and White Caste. As soon as it goes down it wants to come out. :D

I reckon it will cost you about 1.5 million each to educate feed and house.
So that´s 3 Million and counting ,planning on any more ?

Last edited:
Congratulations! We're also in the same boat. Just hoping against hope that it ain't twins. :)

Cheers,

Torben

Just wanted to tell everyone my wife/girlfriend is pregnant with our seconds child.

Which is it? Wife, or girlfriend? Or, are you still in that phase where you are married (and fairly newly so) such that you want to still call her your girlfriend, though you know she's your wife?

Regarding the child - good luck with it, your future, and your wife/girlfriend. I hesitate to say "congratulations", because I honestly don't know if having kids is a great thing, ultimately. I do know that if I did have kids with my wife, the stress level would be insane (especially in this economy), plus I wouldn't be able to buy the nifty toys I like (that's a major downside for me - I like my toys). Selfish, I know, but at least I realize it. Too many people have kids who remain selfish, and their kids (and other relationships) suffer for it.

I suppose if kids work for you, though, then its an OK thing. So good luck again.

:)

Heh thanks!!!

Well we are not married but have been together for 9 years this Oct 18. So i say we are married :) Kids are great.
You have to remember kids do cost a lot but its a great thing to make or mod a toy for your child and have then go crazy and say they love it.

Kids are a hand full but i cant imagine my life without my son now. Hes like a new toy that learns everyday !!! heh Being selfish isnt bad when you have no kids.
But with kids you have to share almost everything, its actually ok tho. My son inspires me all the time to do better. I am switching to ARM7 now so i can make
higher quality toys. Like my son likes to make animations on his Nintendo DSi. So im planing on making a Touch Screen (color) with a ARM7 to save images and play them back at different speeds.

Something like a digital flip book. Im sure he will love it! It should be done in about 2-4 weeks. I am getting my ARM in the mail this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back