Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neuro-Fuzzy Logic Project for Air Cond Controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezther9

Does anyone have any idea what software I could use to program a neuro-fuzzy logic based controller?

I know about using matlab, but do not know much, I want to program a pic as well, will this be hard?

Which is the easiest way?

Also, what are the outputs that need to be controlled for an air conditioner system?

Is it the voltage for the fan motor, or the freon gas going into the cooling coils?

I'm a real beginner...

Thank YOu:p

I don't know much about designing neural networks. But fuzzy logic isn't hard to implement in a microcontroller. Fuzzy logic sounds a lot cooler than it is - its really not all that exciting.

Controlling an airconditioner shouldn't be hard though. The simplest method is an on-off or Bang-Bang controller. Most home air conditioners do this. If the temperature is too high you turn the air conditioner on. if the temperature is right you turn it off. You add a little dead area between on and off to keep it from swithcing on and off too fast and you have yourself a controller.

An air conditioner compresses gas that expands causing cooling so the compressor is the thing that causes cooling. The fan just blows cool air into the room.

If your a beginner I'd recommend starting with something a little simpler than an air conditioner. Try doing speed control on a DC motor or temperature control with a Power resistor as a heater.

ezther9 said:
Does anyone have any idea what software I could use to program a neuro-fuzzy logic based controller?

I know about using matlab, but do not know much, I want to program a pic as well, will this be hard?

Which is the easiest way?

Also, what are the outputs that need to be controlled for an air conditioner system?

Is it the voltage for the fan motor, or the freon gas going into the cooling coils?

I'm a real beginner...

Thank YOu:p

Hi... try to surf FuzzyTech website... and if you has a lot of money :lol: you can buy the software...

The software support for Neuro-Fuzzy and PIC also!

don't know much about designing neural networks. But fuzzy logic isn't hard to implement in a microcontroller. Fuzzy logic sounds a lot cooler than it is - its really not all that exciting

yah...but to realize the fuzzy controller through assembly, might be hard..

or is there any project related in web?..

what is ur input?..do you considered other parameters such as humidity, air flow?

If your a beginner I'd recommend starting with something a little simpler than an air conditioner. Try doing speed control on a DC motor or temperature control with a Power resistor as a heater.

that's right..u can use pc fan ...as experiment

alamy said:
don't know much about designing neural networks. But fuzzy logic isn't hard to implement in a microcontroller. Fuzzy logic sounds a lot cooler than it is - its really not all that exciting

yah...but to realize the fuzzy controller through assembly, might be hard..

or is there any project related in web?..

As already suggested, fuzzy logic doesn't really look very interesting, mostly it was just a 'buzz word' which the media made popular.

Do you have a particular reason for wishing to use this method?.

But as you wishh to use a PIC for this, why not try looking at the MicroChip application notes?, I seem to remember there's at least one about fuzzy logic.

But as you wishh to use a PIC for this, why not try looking at the MicroChip application notes?, I seem to remember there's at least one about fuzzy logic

AN600 - Air Flow Control Using Fuzzy Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back