Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

network theorems, WHY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidharth

why do we need network theorems?
because we need to find out R ,V & I at different configuration's ?

tks
sid

because we need to find out R ,V & I at different configuration's ?

Yes, because we need to find out R ,V & I at different configuration's.

For an arbitrary connection of electrical components it would be difficult or perhaps impossible to determine the various circuit currents and voltages without network analysis equations.

So to become circuit designer we must have excellent command on these R,V & I finding procedures(theorems),& that is very essential, RIGHT?

No. Just use a simulator.

Sorry, it helps to understand KVL & KCL and perhaps a some these "R,V & I finding procedures". Solving mesh equations by hand is not something 'circuit designers' would generally do, but you should know how.

ok, so when there was no simulator's in time, even at that time cir... designers works, but how?

:)
tks
sid

sidharth ,

why do we need network theorems?

Why do we need any theorems at all for mathematics, physics, sociology, etc? When you answer that, you will know the answer to your question.

Ratch

The Space - Time Continuum

Do pointless replies to two year old threads cause disruption of the space - time continuum?

JimB (and Doctor Emmett Brown)

Hello,

Yes this thread is a bit old but not useless.

Network theory by itself is the ground for understanding circuits from a theoretical point of view. Not just so we can arrive at a numerical solution, but so that we can truly understand a circuit better. That's because a numerical solution is sometimes hard to correlate to a given behavior of the circuit without doing a little theory.
A good example is the series resistance in the output capacitor of a boost switching power supply circuit. You'd have to keep trying values to find out what works and what doesnt, and it may be hard to define the threshold for instability using purely numerical results (which simulators spit out).
It's always good to back up your theories with a simulation, but the simulation should not come before the theory. If you have enough theory behind you in a given field you will certainly do much better than someone without that benefit. That body of theory includes many other things besides network theory however, although network theory is at the heart of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back