Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neon tube circuit change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miki23

Hello i want to make a high frequency and high voltage coil od house wire, is it possible to connect the coil on neon tube circuit instead of neon tube, or, will it work. I guess i would have to add a load, for example a bulb before the circuit? Its for experimental purpose, thanks.

I don't even know if your post contains a question or not as I don't understand what you wrote.

Mike.

I asked if i connect a coil instead of neon tube on neon tube circuit will i get a high voltage and high frequency coil (if thats what the circuitry does) and will it lack resistance or load if i do just that

If you mean to power a coil from a neon sign transformer ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neon-sign_transformer ) I wouldn't do it. But you also may be talking about a fluorescent lamp ballast
( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_ballast ) I wouldn't do that either.

What exactly is it you want to experiment on? If you need to ask questions like this, for your own safety, do more research and learning, before you hurt or kill yourself. Or if you don't see the need to do that, at least by some life insurance for your families sake, so the can give you a nice funeral.

I mean fluorescent ballast. Well im pretty sure how it will work and what to do but wanted to check here, so give me a serious answer please, not jokes. I want to make high frequency and high voltage current passing through a coil.

I dont ask for warnings but for advice how to do it, if you cant give me some scientific information shut your mouth. Thanks

I dont ask for warnings but for advice how to do it, if you cant give me some scientific information shut your mouth. Thanks

If you're going to abusive you will be banned from the site, you're not getting sensible answers because you're not asking sensible questions - in keeping with everyone else I don't have the slightest idea what you're asking, or what you're trying to do. You've mentioned 'neon tube' a number of times, what's that?, now you've mentioned 'flourescent' - have you meant a flourescent tube all along?.

None of this seems anything to do with high frequency and high voltage.

There is no need to be rude, and this is not the kind of forum where such language is normal or tolerated.

A fluorescent ballast could work, if you mean an electronic one, but you would need lots of wire in your coil to get the inductance to a range that the ballast could operate with and not just burn. The inductor would be very roughly in the order of 200 turns on a 50mm diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back