Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Neeed some help with dual PIR sensor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Eric.

I thought the other elements, not the PIR. But for now it is working fine on 5V, so no changes needed, I guess.
I also added photoresistor on HC-SR501.

This is so fun, shame I don't know more.

Thank you again, Eric for all your assistance.

This is so fun, shame I don't know more.
Thank you again, Eric for all your assistance.

hi,
IMHO electronics is fun, we will have to get you interested in programming micro-controllers.

The team is here, ready to answer any questions.

Eric

Hi,

Ya, I am interested in some Arduino & Raspberry Pi projects, that I would like to implement in my house.
But I don't know where to start yet. I feel like I am in the middle of the ocean, surrounded with all that info..

R.

hi Eric.

I thought the other elements, not the PIR. But for now it is working fine on 5V, so no changes needed, I guess.
I also added photoresistor on HC-SR501.

I'm in the (slow) process of doing something similar, and am currently waiting for some LDR's to arrive.

In my case it's to add some lighting in the gennel (passageway) between my house and next door.

My plan is to use two HC-SR501's, AND'ed together as shown in this thread to feed some lights in the gennel. To switch the lights I'm going to use a relay - however, the relay is mounted on a remote control board, giving me the option of turning the lights on from a keyfob as well.

The 'problem' is the low light levels in the gennel, so I've ordered a range of different LDR's so I can choose one (and perhaps change the 1M resistor on the boards) in order that the lights don't come on until it's dark enough. From that point of view it'd be easier to have an externally mounted LDR outside the gennel, to monitor the outside brightness - and that was my original plan. However, finding out that the HC-SR501 has provision for an LDR I thought I'd try that instead.

I've hung an LED on an HC-SR501, and a 9V battery (it takes about 30uA un-triggered, and 1mA when the LED comes on) - and have been playing with that, ready for when the LDR's arrive and I can do similar tests with different LDR's.

hi Nigel,
I would like to hear how adding the onboard LDR's perform.
At the moment I use a separate LDR, mounted out doors, which is connected to an analog input on a 18F4520, to give lite/dark detection.
A HC12 TXR transmits environmental and security PIR signals [ also connected to analog inputs] back to a HC12 receiver in the house.

The received data is stored on an SD card in FAT32 format .

E

Hi Nigel.

I am also waiting for "Photoresistor kit 5 kind *10pcs 5506 5516 5528 5537 5539 Light Dependent Resistor LDR 5MM pack Photoresistor package for arduino".

I will see which one will suit better. What I want to do later is to adjust sensitivity with trimmer.

For this project I took photoresistor from another sensor (I don't know what type of LDR is it)
For now still on the table project, will tell more when installed.

R.

I am also waiting for "Photoresistor kit 5 kind *10pcs 5506 5516 5528 5537 5539 Light Dependent Resistor LDR 5MM pack Photoresistor package for arduino".

Exactly the same here, I'm waiting for two lot's - one from AliExpress, and one from Banggood - see who delivers first.

My first thought is to use the 5506, as that has the lowest resistance - and assuming that's too low (which would be good) I could add a variable resistor in parallel with the 1M that feeds it.

OK, the LDR's turned up, and I've fitted the 5506 which seems to work pretty well in my workshop, I've got a complete sensor built up in a box now, and I'm going to install it in the gennel tomorrow. Assuming that works OK, I'll build a second one so it catches entry from either end.

Currently I have the lights working via a keyfob and a remote control receiver, and the PIR assemblies are simply going to link to the existing relay in the receiver module. I ran four core phone wire from the back of the receiver board to an IDE phone connection box, so I can simply connect the modules via that.

The 'circuit' for connecting the PIR's couldn't be much simpler :D

HC-SR501.png

hi Nigel,
Are your PIR's hard wired back to the light and house.?

I have just upgraded my HC12 PIR links and display.
One remote outside HC TX channel which has LDR's PIR's, Temp/Humm, is received by the house HC, I then add the internal house temperature and real time/date to the RX string, which can be displayed and logged.
I have dumped the Oshonsoft SD card logger and started work on a Arduino pcb which will just log to an SD card.

This longer string is then retransmitted on a different HC channel, so I can receive the string anywhere in the house.

Any PIR activation operates an in house bleeper and an identifying coloured LED.

Eric

Attachments

• A001.gif
    A001.gif
    22 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back