Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needing new pic 16f76 programmed of possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
To write a new program is not a trivial task. Here's what you need to determine:

▪︎What each peripheral pin of the PIC connected to (e.g., switch, LED, relay[via a transistor], sensor)

▪︎ What is the normal state of each pin? An LED can be on when the PIC port pin is high or low depending on how it's connected. A switch can be high or low when pressed depending on the circuit.

▪︎Details about sensor outputs - what voltage corresponds to when temperature for example.

Once you know all of these things, the work begins. You need to figure out the logic of making it work. I believe pipe size is one of the parameters entered. Why do you need to know this? What functions of the freezing unit does it impact?

Does it freeze using a peltier junction? What's important to know about using it? Can be be on continuously? Is the temperature of the "hot side" monitored and what are the limits?

Figuring out this logic will be difficult, but maybe it's not necessary. Maybe you can get by with an on/off switch. Turn the switch on to power the fans and peltier junction and it's going to get cold. Maybe the rest doesn't matter for your application.

Just an update, sorry it’s taken so long, I’ve been mega busy with work. I finally got through to someone at rothenberger that could deal with it. They don’t hold any schematics for older machines but they offer a fixed fee repair. It’s £50 and they will supposedly fix anything that is required for that. So the pcb should be repaired or replaced. So fingers crossed they do that. As it’s cost me nothing so far £50 for a working one is a bargain, they still go for £200-£300 used online.

Just an update, sorry it’s taken so long, I’ve been mega busy with work. I finally got through to someone at rothenberger that could deal with it. They don’t hold any schematics for older machines but they offer a fixed fee repair. It’s £50 and they will supposedly fix anything that is required for that. So the pcb should be repaired or replaced. So fingers crossed they do that. As it’s cost me nothing so far £50 for a working one is a bargain, they still go for £200-£300 used online.

Sounds like your perseverance may pay off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back