Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to stop chattering

Status
Not open for further replies.

bastion

I have a heating system that used to use a conventional boiler. That died many years ago. It now has a condensation boiler but it is not gas modulating so at high temperatures it keeps hitting its high temperature switch and shuts off.
I have put an actuator on the three way valve that scenes when the system it switching the three way over to by-pass the boiler at that point it switches the supply of the boiler off, and vice versa. The actuator is not very precise in switching as its contacts are quite rudimentary made.
Is there a way of electronically making the supply from the contacts only go to the boiler when they are properly together, and not chattering.
Thanks for any help.

You need to post a diagram.

boiler.JPG

Hope this makes it easier to solve.
Most probably a simple solution but I do not have a good enough grasp of electronic's

Hi
In case you do not know the circuit, a picture of it would be a good start for us to recognise it.

Try a different switch, maybe a V3 microswitch, when you reach the point at which the contacts snap over you have to release the switch a little further for the contacts to snap back, maybe a lever type switch will pronounce this a little further.
You might be able as just implied be able to do this without electronics.
If you really want a circuit then maybe a 555 one shot would be a start.

Try a different switch, maybe a V3 microswitch, when you reach the point at which the contacts snap over you have to release the switch a little further for the contacts to snap back, maybe a lever type switch will pronounce this a little further.
You might be able as just implied be able to do this without electronics.
If you really want a circuit then maybe a 555 one shot would be a start.

That the sort of thing I need but I was thinking maybe simpler a type of relay that would only switch after say a second from the first splash of 240v from the contact, so it would give a good clean continuous 240v to the boiler.
Sorry but I really am new to electronics

Contact Chatter Elimination: Eliminate contact chatter by
placing T1 Timer in series or T2 Timer in parallel with the contact.
Chatter may occur on closure, or when a contact is being closed
or opened. The load will turn ON and OFF during contact chatter.
T1 or T2 provide a delay just long enough to eliminate the chatter.
T1 prevents the load from energizing during its time delay. T2
energizes the load during its time delay. Use with liquid level
controls, thermostats, and limit switches. Note: T2 Timer energizes
the load for its time delay when power is applied.

This is the sort of thing I need (T1) but I don't know how to achieve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back