Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to know what c4106 is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

droid

i managed to blow up my old pc power supply..
i opened it up and found that 2 (most likely) transistors cracked open, both were attached to heatsinks..
it was made by delta electronics..

i searched around the web but couldn't find anything, and then i found this site..

so i was wondering if any one here knows what the c4106 is.. is it a power transistor? if so, npn or pnp, also power/voltage/current rating.. its in a to220 packaging...

thanks a lot

Your c4106 is actually a 2SC4106, which is a 7 amp rated NPN switching
transistor in a T0220 package,with Vce rating of around 400v and a dissipation of 50watts.........

Equivalents are: 2SC4242 or MJE13007

more than likely if they have blown, then you may have damage to the secondary side mounted components like the rectifiers, worth a check.......

What generally happens is the transistors run in a start up mode, and unless the secondary supplies are established, are free running, at a frequency that is not their normal frequency. they become too hot and fail......The frequency of the supply is generated by a pwm controller usually something like a TL494, whose supply is generated from the secondary of the transformer......

Good luck reparing it..... 8)

ok thanks!
nothing else seems damaged.. the other mounted components look fine..
what happened was the psu was set to 110V and i plugged it to a 220V mains.. stupid me!

Check the bridge rectifier, the serial 1...3ohm 5W fuse-resistor and two driver transistors (some TO92 e.g.C940).

what type of fuse is used on this psu? its similar to a glass fuse except instead of transparent, its white...

Yes, it's a slow-blow fuse, but mostly faster blow-out the serial ceramic 1...5ohm resistor. (it contains inside also a fuse-wire)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back