Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to Add a Couple of Solder Pads to an Eagle Board - How is this done, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I need to add a couple of solder pads (power supply contacts) to a circuit board designed using Eagle.

Having read the so-called "manual" (which, frankly, I find next to useless) I do not know how this is done.

- I thought I'd alreadly included them in the schematic, but upon converting it into a board, they were unconnected. For the first time in my life, I will use an emoticon to signify the degree of fury I am experiencing currently: :mad:

Can anyone explain the procedure in relatively simple language, please?

- Analogue.

There's a library of solder pads called solpad. Add one of the pads to your schematic and connect it to a power net.

There are lots of tutorials for Eagle. Not all that useful for looking up specific functionality, but good for learning just about everything you need for basic board design. Sadly their support forum is a newsgroup, but it is well used and there are lots of people on it.

Hello.

I need to add a couple of solder pads (power supply contacts) to a circuit board designed using Eagle.

Having read the so-called "manual" (which, frankly, I find next to useless) I do not know how this is done.

- I thought I'd alreadly included them in the schematic, but upon converting it into a board, they were unconnected. For the first time in my life, I will use an emoticon to signify the degree of fury I am experiencing currently: :mad:

Can anyone explain the procedure in relatively simple language, please?

- Analogue.

Assuming you already have your board etched ;

If there are actual pads that aren't connected to your traces - Strip your wire extra long, run it through the hole in the board, solder to the pad, then bend the extra wire over to the trace and solder to the trace.

If no pad - drill a hole close to your trace, strip the wire extra long, bend the strip over to the trace and solder to the trace.

To add power & signal pads etc I use the Wirepad library in eagle. It has much more variety than SOLPAD, including SMD pads. U can connect em in the schematic etc. to form part of your design and work with the DRU.

@ DirtyLude - delved into Solpad and fixed the problem. - Thanks.

@ shortbus= - I haven't produced the physical board yet, it was a difficulty with getting the pads to connect in Eagle itself. But thanks for taking the time to assist.

@ Mosaic - just looked at Wirepad: plenty of possible pads there. - Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back