Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need sound effects for home-made mock elecric chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmyers24151

Sister and Bro in law have built an fake electric chair to use in their Halloween scare house this year. Need something that is safe but effective to create the sound of electricity being supplied to the chair and its victim. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeff

Likely a little expense... But 250kV Tesla Coil would give you an unbelieviable effect. The very high frequency low current travels on the surface of conductors, so its shock safe. Makes lots of the sound you are looking for, but also people will see the little sparks and arcs on the chair and your victim, longer arcs to any thing metal or grounded. But if you aren't into high voltage stuff, might not be a good idea. But the point is, you can get Tesla Coil videos of the internet, and pull the audio track for use. Should be easier than trying to find the effect itself (many sites, with hundreds of sound clips to look through), where one Tesla coil sounds pretty much like any other.

You might record the sound of a bug-zapper though it's getting late in the season (at least around here) to actually do that. You might also employ one though I can't think of how one might trigger it - as the bugs do when they fly thru the screen.

You might also record the sound of an arc welder - particularly as the electrode is pulled further away than one might normally hold it for welding. It is quite the "electric" sound. I would discourage the use of equipment like this directly for effects. Risk of fire, severe burns or eye damage is significant.

Attached is a 12 sec MP3 I pulled out of a movie file. Might be what you need...

Attachments

• HV.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 903
WTH? That mp3 file sounds more like a CNC milling machine than anything else! Recording the sound from an arc welder is the best idea yet.

It was only meant as an example. I did a search for a tesla coil video, grabbed the first one, and pulled the audio out. Wasn't the greatest video either, but if its close, you know what direction to look.

Heres a link to some videos of power line arcing, breaker openings, a 500,000 VAC line dump at a sub station, etc.
you could grab the audio from any of these videos, pretty dramatic electrical sounds, looping them would be easy and give you as long a clip as needed.

**broken link removed**

Okay here is another sound clip, from the movies listed above. It's actuall 2 in 1...

Attachments

• HV2.zip
    113.2 KB · Views: 666
Thanks guys

I was also looking for sound effects for my electric chair.Burned my cd and my guy is ready to fry, thank you so much!:)

I think the victim of an electric chair is alive and awake. For sure he will scream as loud as he can.

They didn't use enough "juice" at the beginning then the lightning storm finished him off.

electric chair sound

My husband came home with a switch that screams and has elocution sound. he found it at shopper drug mart for around 10.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back