Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some servo control application ideas for a project!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lompa

as some of you may have noticed i am doing microprocessor based servo control as a project, i have got the system working

i have currently 2 servos with push buttons as inputs for up down or left right control.

the problem is for my project i need to link my work to an application

i really need to nices ideas all i have come up with is a electric car mirror controller?

or i was thinking of making a racing car rear wing angle controller but because of the precise angles needed for that have a decided not to do that as i only have push buttons as control inputs.

can you think of any?

thanks

Re: Need some servo control application ideas for a project!

lompa said:
as some of you may have noticed i am doing microprocessor based servo control as a project, i have got the system working

i have currently 2 servos with push buttons as inputs for up down or left right control.

the problem is for my project i need to link my work to an application

i really need to nices ideas all i have come up with is a electric car mirror controller?

or i was thinking of making a racing car rear wing angle controller but because of the precise angles needed for that have a decided not to do that as i only have push buttons as control inputs.

can you think of any?

A useful application would be moving a video camera, you could even add some more push buttons and have it automatically scanning a specific area.

thanks thats a good one as sweeping would be very usefull, the thing is struggle to get my head arround is how to mount the servos so that the camera would mve left right and up and down without the linkages from the servo being stressed

lompa said:
thanks thats a good one as sweeping would be very usefull, the thing is struggle to get my head arround is how to mount the servos so that the camera would mve left right and up and down without the linkages from the servo being stressed

It's a lot easier than you think, the simplest way is probably to have one servo moving a plate (either up/down or left/right) with the second servo mounted on the plate, moving the camera in the other direction.

anymore ideas, any applications were by the feedback of the servo could be usefull?

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back