Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need Service Info on RCA VCR Modl.# VR646HF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Helton

Hi Guys, Only been a member few days.I've got an RCA VCR tore down in my shop, and really need some Service Info on it. Is it possible that anyone could Send me Just a copy of the Power supply Thanks Larry Helton

People still use VHS? I thought it was officially dead even before DVD HD. Even JVC stopped making the things. Should be going cheap on eBay, cheaper than a repair.

I guess you could say the VHS was offically dead but Here they're making a comeback. Got to where I get 3 or 4 a month, and can sell all the Used/Repaired ones that I can do. Folks are just not satisfied with buying the laser Beam operated junk, paying big bucks for some, and they just don't hold up. And here, it's almost impossible to get a Shop to service them, Larry. H

Check C102 (330mf-35v capacitor). Also check the remaining caps in that pwr. supply. RCA use to offer a rebuild kit for the pwr. supply since failure of it and others like it were common. Those models are selling on eBay for $12 plus shipping ... hardly worth even buying a full, working replacement, let alone troubleshooting time and parts.

I can't seem to give away the many VCRs I have lying around. What I did was to sell 12" color televisions and include a free vcr with the purchase/ So for a mere $20 people got a small color tv and a vcr and I got me some empty shelves to store better items on!

Haven't you heard of PVR's? - dual tuner digital HDD recorders, either satellite or DTT.

But a VCR is analog, nice and obedient!
A VCR cannot tell you that it will not record programming because you are not authorised to do so.
A VCR will not refuse to fast forward through advertisments.

I also have a 5 year old Sony DVD player. It does not seem to want to play back any CD or DVD not produced by a member of the RIAA. ie: no home recordings.

So long Sony. Hello Apex.

Last edited:
And VHS looks like crap compared to DVD.
VCRs are dead, SDTV is dying
Analog TV broadcasts will gone in the US in Feb 2009, Canada 2011
I really love my Apple TV, downloadable content is the future.

So long Sony. Hello Apex.
Yep! I have a couple of the older APEX models that were modifiable. Initially, APEX was considered an off-shelf brand until the word got out on the many improvements that could be made to them... from the pwr. supply, to the region-free bit.

But a VCR is analog, nice and obedient!
A VCR cannot tell you that it will not record programming because you are not authorised to do so.
A VCR will not refuse to fast forward through advertisments.

Do you have problems in Canada?.

Never seen ANYTHING that won't FF through adverts, or that refuses to record things - except MacroVision protected DVD's and Video's, which VCR's won't record either.

I also have a 5 year old Sony DVD player. It does not seem to want to play back any CD or DVD not produced by a member of the RIAA. ie: no home recordings.

I would suggest you are either recording them in the wrong format (VR instead of Video), or you're not finalising them.

In my experience if they are correctly recorded and finalised they will play perfectly in anything, particularly a Sony (as we sell lot's of Sony, so I've tested far more of them).

So operator error, not a conspiracy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back