Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need security tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

mytech

Hi all,
I have designed an wireless security system for small homes.

Transmitter:
I will keep electromagnetic relay and RF transmitter at every door with unique code using HT series Ic as far now. After switching ON the system at doors, if someone opens relay will get closed and will give power supply to transmitter board and it will start transmit RF . By this method i can save batt. since it is being used only when the door opens.

Reciever:
Which i will keep it at one common place (say security room) which decodes and light the particular door and start alarming.

Ideas to break this security:
One can bring RF jammer and make my circuit not function.
so i can do something for this.

Is there any other way to make my design unfunction?
How can i make it more secured??

Please give your ideas. (Its just my hobbie project, working under 100 meters only, as per government rules).

Most alarm systems works on a Fail Safe configuration, i.e. the system is always powered up. In that way when someone cuts any of the wires, the system sounds an alarm.

If you only power ON the system (i.e your transmitter part) when opening a door, you will have no monitoring of the wires, and if for some reason the wires are cut or broken, you will never know, and the alarm system will not operate as desired.

I understand your need for saving battery power, but you'll have to find a way to make it fail safe.

This is completely wireless.. So if someone opens the door the elcectromagnetic relay will get closed where i will give the main supply to transmitter via realy, Its like relay and circut mounted on wall and magnet will be mounted on the door nearby. so if opens.. no magnetic field , relay will get back to orginal position which will conduct supply to transmitter. So no one can open the door right.

Then to break into your system I only need to destroy the door unit before it transmits. I can do that by contact, or i can flood it with a commercial two-way radio transmitter with the antenna up close.

The central system need to get regular updates from the door unit to know if it is OK. Otherwise your system is easily broken.

sPuDd..

Its a good point and i agree with you.

But i have made the reciever like it should not recieve any RF waves. Even jammer or someother frequencies, So i will keep this RF detecting circuit also. If recieves someother RF frequency it will activate hacking alarm !!! .. If someone opens the door it decodes the ecxact code and alarm for the particular door.

Now my design is secured or not? Someone can make my reciever not working by any means??..

No, your design is NOT secured.

"made the receiver like it should not receive any RF waves"
Does not exist. Any system designed to send or receive radio waves can be drowned/flooded by a stronger system. Unless you seal it in a super thick lead/steel/copper case, which you have not - because your antenna is still exposed.

sPuDd..

mytech there is nothing you can do. RF is inherently insecure it can never be made 100% secure, ever. As sPuDd said RF power jamming can't be avoided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back