Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregfox151

Hi,
Does anyone have or know where I can get a schematic for a power supply in a Sony Xbr65x850e TV?
The part number is 147468511 or GL72 or APDP225A1A.
The board is made by Delta Electronics.
Thank you.

Presumably you aren't in Europe? (as I don't recognise the model number), but as far as I know there are no circuits for any Sony TV's any more, and haven't been circuits for their PSU's pretty well since flat screen sets first appeared. I used to be Chief Engineer for a Sony Service Dealer, and did all their Sony Warranty repairs.

Service procedure (in or out of warranty) is to replace entire PCB's (whilst available) - once out of warranty you can sometimes work out what's wrong, and replace individual parts, but it's difficult with no circuits and no manufacturers spares.

Are you 100% the PSU is faulty?, they were generally EXTREMELY reliable (at least in Europe) as Sony specify higher quality parts than others do.

Thank you
The PSU IS DEAD. There is some ac but stops short of the secondary and of course no dc. Two diodes in the secondary were shorted, and replaced by me, but no joy. I'm in North America.

This guy rebuilds YOUR board with a guarantee.

See triage and LED flash sequence fault codes in his listing. Apparently Nigel is wrong again because this ebay Store wouldn't have any business if power supplies on Sony's didn't fail.

**broken link removed**

This guy rebuilds YOUR board with a guarantee.

See triage and LED flash sequence fault codes in his listing. Apparently Nigel is wrong again because this ebay Store wouldn't have any business if power supplies on Sony's didn't fail.

**broken link removed**

As I said, it's EXTREMELY rare in Europe, and you've no idea how much business that Ebay store actually gets!.

However, as he's now mentioned he's in America, it could well be that they use cheaper components there - which would seem to be the case, as he mentions fitting improved ones.

It would be far cheaper for Sony to use one universal-input ps for all units regardless of which continent it is delivered to, than to have market-specific subassemblies. Plus, Delta is a well-known vendor for customer-specific power supplies that are tweaked versions of their catalog product designs.

ak

It would be far cheaper for Sony to use one universal-input ps for all units regardless of which continent it is delivered to, than to have market-specific subassemblies. Plus, Delta is a well-known vendor for customer-specific power supplies that are tweaked versions of their catalog product designs.

That's not the way global electronics works - for example Sony (UK) used to source their CRT TV's from Sony (Spain) rather than Sony's UK plant - I've no idea why?, I presume there was a good reason for it?.

Sony's European sets are pan-european, so work anywhere in Europe (and many other countries as well), but the USA has always produced crippled sets, presumably to avoid people taking advantage of low American prices and importing TV's from there. The reasons for the low prices are the sets are generally cheaper made (as in this case, if PSU failure is common?), and they used to have far inferior warranties as well - I don't know if that is still the case?.

But even in the same country they don't use the same PSU across different models, it's not the way I would run things - but it's the way it's done.

I 'suspect' it's because each country is autonomous, and free to order it's products from where ever it wishes?.

About the only sets now that aren't pan-european are Panasonic, who (like the USA) deliberately cripple their sets to make them country specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back