Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need programmer against payment ...

rsfoto

Hi,

I am new here and after I just finished building my robotic arm (BTW, it is the first attempt so far) due to an idea of a friend who wants to play chess with it and now somehow he got cold feet in regard to programming it. Yes, Sh… happens as Forrest said.

The program so far at the moment should NOT be able to play chess. Just for moving it via a GUI from a PC and perhaps as second alternative at the same time via Slide potentiometer. I have slide potentiometers available for this.

Below the images of the robotic arm sitting next to a chessboard made by another friend skilled in carpentry.

The motors are 3x Nema 17 and the drivers is 3x TB6600 as well as one RC Servo SG90 for the gripper.

Please anybody interested in this contact me so we can talk about my requirements. Important is that programming es needed for an Arduino UNO or Arduino MEGA 2560 and it should be written clear so I can understand it and also learn a bit of it. I used to program myself a few years ago for Arduino but now at age 69 this is getting more complicated for me.

I have build a Solar guider for my equatorial mounts as well as a vibration sensor and programmed about 70% of the software for them as well as 70% own designed PCB’s.

Thanks and regards

Rainer

Attachments

• NHSA_Robo_v2.jpg
    NHSA_Robo_v2.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 216
  • NHSA_Robo_v3.jpg
    NHSA_Robo_v3.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 208
  • NHSA_Robo_v4.jpg
    NHSA_Robo_v4.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 211
  • NHSA_Robo_v5.jpg
    NHSA_Robo_v5.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 213
  • NHSA_Robo_v6.jpg
    NHSA_Robo_v6.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Slide_Pot_5K.jpg
    Slide_Pot_5K.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 212
To be honest, the simplest option would be to use a Duet3 control board.

A "Mini 5" either Wifi or Ethernet should be suitable.
(Just the first link I found, not guaranteed to be the best price).

They will run stepper motors directly.
They can be configured by text files to match the arm mechanics, then positions and speeds can be commanded by XYZ positions in a sequence file or from a web page.

You can also connect an LCD or touchscreen interface for use within the machine.

They are intended for 3D printers but a lot of people use them for other types of machine and robots etc.

Plus they have an excellent support forum to help you with setup and any problems.

To be honest, the simplest option would be to use a Duet3 control board.

A "Mini 5" either Wifi or Ethernet should be suitable.
(Just the first link I found, not guaranteed to be the best price).

They will run stepper motors directly.
They can be configured by text files to match the arm mechanics, then positions and speeds can be commanded by XYZ positions in a sequence file or from a web page.

You can also connect an LCD or touchscreen interface for use within the machine.

They are intended for 3D printers but a lot of people use them for other types of machine and robots etc.

Plus they have an excellent support forum to help you with setup and any problems.

Hi and thank you.

I just see a little problem. My stepper motors are rated with a consumption of 2.0 Amp and the board has 2.0 Amp has Peak current.

The other point is it takes all fun out of the equation o_O because I also want to learn a bit about programming as I have done in the past.

Anyway, thanks and interesting solution.

regards Rainer

OK, the Duet3 6HC would work in that case, but still the same type of setup. I've used a couple of those boards.

(I am also a programmer by profession, but I have too much on to take anything else other than at industrial rates, sorry).

OK, the Duet3 6HC would work in that case, but still the same type of setup. I've used a couple of those boards.

(I am also a programmer by profession, but I have too much on to take anything else other than at industrial rates, sorry).

Hi and thanks,

Understand and no problem. ;)

regards Rainer

The program you need is a fairly small one, u should be able to fit it on the arduino whole no problems.

I've fit a physics engine on an arduino before, but I spose only just tho, I had to shave off a few parametres to do it.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back