Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Power Distribution Switch IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hello,

I have never used a power dist. switch before and am not sure exactly how to pick the correct one for my application.

I have a trackball which plugs into my keyboard and gets its power off the keyboard. Inside the keyboard I would like to put a Power dist. switch IC in case the trackball shorts out(someone spilling their coffee on it is an example). The trackball draws 20mA and the overall keyboard including the trackball draws 240mA.(+5V system) Ultimately I would like to have a dip package but all I can really find is SMT. Anyone have some chips that might work? Or does anyone have experience with these chips to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

-mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back