Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need PCBs protype boards made BUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always use JCBPCB, ... Try sticking your gerber file in at JLCPCB and see what price it gives you?, you can get a quote without ordering.

BTW, nice little board :D

I will have to give JCBPCB a try. I have the greatest respect for Nigel. Though I show as a new member here now, i was here quite a bit when the site used the old format, and I have seen what Nigel's insight and knowledge bring to the table. I had some time away due to medical issues, and even now I am only here occasionally, but I do try to contribute when and where I can.

As to the kudos on the board, I must admit that it is not my design, but is one that I DL'd from GitHub. It was posted there by a member of the element14 forum known as shabaz. The PCB is for a handheld tachometer that I decided to use as a training item for a group here in south Jersey. I mainly wanted to use it as a primer for the group in the use of the MSP430G2553 microprocessor from TI, and I didn't want the group to get mired down in trying to build it on a perfboard or proto-board. Hence, the PCB. I did have to modify the Gerber file to get it into the RS-274x format, so that it would be accepted by the board makers. Apart from that, the board is as the designer presented it. So... the kudos rightly go to shabaz rather than to me.

OK Nigel...

I just placed an order for 5 2" x 3" double-sided boards from JLCPCB. $14.25 USD delivered here (NJ) by Monday or Tuesday. We'll see how the boards turn out...

-Chris

Gonna try and predict the future. You will meet a wonderful woman, have three absolutely gorgeous children and die happy.
Oh, and your boards will be fine.

Mike.

Remember Post number 15? .... 10 populated boards for $6k.... Well, we received them just over a month later ... Now comes the fun part in bringing them up slowly to make sure they are alive.

Seems a little ironic that on the day we receive one of our largest board designs at Oklahoma Robotics, that we also receive one of our smallest board designs.... Sure glad I didn't have to populate the larger board there are over 100 LED's alone on that board .. The smaller boards I can handle.

Attachments

• 20200416_231204.jpg
    20200416_231204.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 172
  • 20200416_231716.jpg
    20200416_231716.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 171
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back